PDA

View Full Version : one of the most horrible things.....

lesley
03-12-2004, 04:10 PM
from http://www.space.com/astronotes/astronotes.html

"Russian Inventor Patents Space-Ads Device

MOSCOW (AP) -- Orion, the Big Dipper and Andromeda could be joined in the heavens by ads for soft drinks and cigarettes if a Russian inventor's device catches on.

Alexander Lavrynov, a spacecraft designer, said he has patented a device for putting advertising into space that would be seen from Earth, Interfax news agency reported Wednesday."

One can only hope he's hallucinating!

"Space commercials could embrace huge areas and a colossal number of consumers," he said. "This would literally be intercontinental coverage."

He said the satellites would be visible in the night sky by employing sunlight reflectors, with multiple satellites linked together to create a message large enough to be seen.

"People would be able to see writing in the skies from the Earth no worse than they see the stars," he said.March 11

DarkDiscus
03-12-2004, 04:23 PM
I think I'll sue him if he tries it. I'm not sure what for yet, but it has to be illegal somehow.

It's bad enough we have to get bombarded with advertising everywhere we go, I sure as heck don't want to be seeing an ad when I go out and look at the stars!

I can't imagine astronomers would put up with that kind of interference either!

John

mikeos
03-18-2004, 07:50 AM
gonna be a lot of fun trying to censor that lot ;D

brewmaster15
03-18-2004, 08:55 AM
That would be intolerable. Every astronomist out there would have a bird over it... talk about going over board..

teacher teaches class astronomy..." and there we have the constellation Cocacola and Mc donalds" or better yet."there we have the constellation President Bush for re-election"
-al

DiscusR1
03-18-2004, 10:28 AM
Or how bad he is.... but nothing about what they are going to do to fix it, just elect me because Bush is Bad !!!!!!!!!

lesley
03-18-2004, 06:11 PM
There were several things that terrified me about it!!

I don't know what would be worse, ads for eating places or indoctrination fo political purposes.

We might need to have a "Simply keep our skies clean!!!!" website, hey Al??