PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Fry Food

susankay1
03-22-2004, 09:49 PM
Hi All,
As per a conversation I had with Liz a while back I'm posting this experience we just had with a large batch of fry, a single parent and a tank with black silicone. We recently had a large (around 300) hatch of fry from a melon male and a red panda female. For some reason, the dad (melon) didnt like mom's (red panda) parenting skills and right after the babies went free swimming, he started charging across the tank and tackling her. We were afraid that he was going to inflict severe damage so we removed the female. This left dad with a hefty chore of feeding 300 hungry mouths. In my travels to various pet shops, I came across a product called Liquid Small Fry Baby Fish Food, by Wardley. It is in a small white tube, with yellow lettering that says Egglayer Formula and its net wt. is 0.9 oz or 25.52 g.
The ingredients are as follows:
Distilled Water
Egg Powder
Autolyzed Yeast Extract
Vitamin A,
Palmitate,
Citric Acid,
Sodium Benzoate (preservative)
Guaranteed Analysis:
Min. Crude Protein 6%
Min. Crude Fat 3.5%
Max Crude Fiber .04%
Max Ash 1.%
Max Moisture 88%
Anyway, the dad fish was doing his best to accomidate everyone but there just didn't seem to be enough room for everyone to get a bite of food so some of the babies wondered off to the nice dark corners where the black silicone was. After the second day of this, fearing that they would starve, I dropped a drop of this liquid in each corner. To my surprise and delight they seemed to respond to it. It has been almost a month and we have only lost 6 babies. Not bad for our first spawn, Im thinking. HTH anyone else battleing fry attaching to the black silicone. :thumb: