PDA

View Full Version : driftwood

bryalk1
03-23-2004, 12:26 AM
hi,
just a quick question. why use plastic or acrylic driftwood instead of natural sinking driftwood. is the wood prone to carrying disease etc? i have seen some posts and was just wondering. ???
thanks
bryant

korbi_doc
03-23-2004, 04:56 PM
;D ;D ;D Hey Bryant, nothin' wrong with natural wood, I have many pieces in my tanks, just need to clean/sterilize first. I treated mine with lotsa soaking, after chlorine bleach first, then washed the pieces that would fit in the dishwasher after an empty cycle to get rid of the detergent. Just a good cleaning probably is enough, I went a little overboard. The wood does soften & decay after awhile, maybe that's why plastic is better!
I have decided that the plastic plants are better, look just as good as the real ones with no complications, like overgrowing, shedding, etc.
I would love to have some of that sinking wood, african I think? There are several that look real nice, lol, Dottie 8) 8) P.S. are you in Fla?? near Jax??? let me know, may need a fix

slicksta
03-23-2004, 07:53 PM
I have all three...driftwood....sinking African Swahala wood and plastic.....I like them all...
the only one fish have laid eggs on is the driftwood.