PDA

View Full Version : My scared discus almost died-whats wrong?

jimmybui
03-24-2004, 11:20 PM
This is what happened,i was doing a water change,water was aged, and while i was sucking all the bad stuff(leftover food, dookie and germs) from the tank,one of my discus tried to jump out ,im thinking because it was really scared, it was dark and had dark stress bars, and when i said dark,i meant nearly black,he was really floating for a while,but then i tried salt to make sure it wasnt dead,after awhile it started to swim again,very slowly, it moved away from all the fish and when i put on the lid,it jumped and was out of the water for awhile, then i had the water on and about 5 minutes later it was breathing hard and color was still dark, i tried salt again, and the color slowly came back,now again , i looked at the tank and it jumpd again,and still that discus is really dark compared to the other, it seemed to changed its gil colors to BLUE! and san merahs are suppose to be red..what should i do?
i do water changes everday, i feed them everytime the food is gone, but it just wont settle into the tank and is still breathing hard compared to the other