PDA

View Full Version : Treat whole tank?

daveycrockett
03-27-2004, 02:50 AM
I posted earlyer about a discus that I am now treating for internal parasites in a hospital tank. should I treat the tank he was in before. I just thought it might be bad to put him back into a diseased tank after all the work to get him better again. Not sure how parasites work or how they are introduced

Carol_Roberts
03-27-2004, 11:45 AM
What type of parasite? If we are talking intestinal flagellates they are always around. If the fish is in good shape with a strong immune system the flagellates aren't a problem. IF we're talking caprillaria treat the tank.

daveycrockett
03-27-2004, 12:37 PM
How do you tell the diffrence.

Carol_Roberts
03-27-2004, 01:39 PM
I would start by reading through the index in this section. This will help you to familiarize yourself with the different problems you may face with discus. Many of the posts have pictures.

daveycrockett
03-27-2004, 02:37 PM
I think it is flagellates.

Ardan
03-28-2004, 09:07 AM
Is it pooping white feces? (flagellates)

If the other fish are eating well and no white feces, then no need to treat.

hth

daveycrockett
03-30-2004, 01:16 AM
I need advice please. I moved fish to qt, noticed white feces. I treated with parasite clear wich contains prazi and metro. Fish took a turn for the worse and started laying at the top until I would go by it. I wated a couple of days and Noticed meds were not working and he was not eating, getting thinner and weaker. I just treated with kanacyn tonight and so far I cant tell if it is working. I expect to lose him. From what you can tell does he seem too far gone? Any other things I could do for him? I really hate too lose him This is my first batch of fish. He never seemed right from the begining. He was even from what I thought was a good breeder.

Should I call the breeder and let him know what is going on, its been about a month now? Also if he dies is thier a interest in disection pics. Not being weird maybe thier are some biology fans out thier

Carol_Roberts
03-30-2004, 01:53 AM
If all your other fish are healthy and this guy has not improved with all the various treatments you've tried I would cull him and concentrate on the healthy fish.

daveycrockett
03-30-2004, 02:01 AM
Thanks carol I will give it one more day. In the meantime I will be sharpening my knife :'(