PDA

View Full Version : Will you buy a auto BBS feeder?

yonghui
03-27-2004, 06:20 AM
Will you buy a auto BBS feeder?
If yes, at what price do you think it cost?

kevin k
03-28-2004, 01:06 AM
Well if you mean that continous hatch and feeder YES. I was amazed at how well it worked. Although I haven't tried it with babies.

I just put it in the one community tank for a couple of batches to test.

After a little while they would start popping out. The Zebras parked right in front of the opening and would wait for one to pop out and poof it was gone.

If the babies learn to eat from it it's well worth the 15 bucks.

M0oN
03-28-2004, 02:19 AM
I've heard the opposite.

nokoto
03-31-2004, 11:19 AM
Hi

I not seen the feeder but is there risk of salt soloution going into the tank?

Just a thought where can you purchase these are the ones you have mentioned are they the best on the market.

Wayne

yonghui
03-31-2004, 11:50 AM
I just make one. test very good for working person.
normally I feed with the salt water didn't you?

nokoto
04-02-2004, 07:49 AM
I don't understand where your comming from plewase explain cheers wayne

yonghui
04-02-2004, 11:30 PM
I'm from Singapore.
I make the auto BBS Feeder.
I feed BBS with the salt water. I do not net out the BBS for feeding fries.
Sorry for my "half tank" english. ;)

April
04-02-2004, 11:44 PM
i tried one..... it made alot of commotion..bubbling..and noise..and waves...and the babies all left the parents to go to the machine. it is also darkish brown colour..or grey..and the babies were attracted to it.
i came in in the morning to all the babies in and around it..and off the parents. and the parents were very upset..and blamed each other. so..off it came. back to the hatching the bbs in a popbottle.

April
04-02-2004, 11:45 PM
if you want continuous feed..try an intravenous drip bag. hang it and a very slow drip..

yonghui
04-03-2004, 12:41 AM
Ha Ha, my is above water, with 6 time feeding a day. ;D

nokoto
04-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Do you have a picture of this magic box of tick's you have made?

I think we would all like to see what you have made

Cheers Wayne

kevin k
04-15-2004, 10:17 PM
Wayne missed this thread for a while. No the continous feeder uses the fact that salt water is heavier to isolate the two.
I would think if anything got through it would be so minute it wouldn't matter.

I think it was 15 buck at Big Als. Seems expensive for a hunk of plastic and som odds and ends. But it did work well.

Will the babies figure it out, ????. But the Zebras in my community tank sure did.

CanadianGuy
04-16-2004, 07:33 AM
You wouldn't want any of the BBS hatching water getting into the tank...it's not only salt in there...lots of bacteria you don't want in your tank...that's part of why you should rinse them before you feed your fish.