View Full Version : Fluke Tabs and Furan 2

keith_cny
03-29-2004, 10:25 PM
Has anyone used Fluke Tabs and Furan 2 during the same treatment? The Furan 2 container implies it is possibly ok to do so but wondering if anyone has done it and had problems. I am treating for Flukes right now but wondering if I should add some furan 2 in case what I am seeing is not just flukes.

Thanks,

Keith

Carol_Roberts
03-30-2004, 01:59 AM
Fluke tabs are pretty strong. They make my discus turn pale. I've never mixed anything with them.

keith_cny
03-30-2004, 08:54 AM
OK...Thanks Carol! I appreciate the info.

Keith

jeep
03-30-2004, 09:47 AM
Fluke Tabs are actually a pesticide and can be very hard on the discus central nervous system. Be very careful not to over dose.

During treatment (and for a few days after) the discus will become lethargic, lose color in the body and eyes and can dart around without provication. I would keep the lights off during treatment. It will also lose it's slime coat. Some have told me they have used Tabs on fry as young as 2 weeks old without harm to the fry (although I can't remember if they used it at 1/2 dose or not).

Just my opinion, but I would not use any other med in conjunction with Fluke Tabs, other than salt...

keith_cny
03-31-2004, 02:03 AM
Thanks Jeep,

Was curious about the salt too so thanks. Was just getting ready to add some when I read your post.

keith