PDA

View Full Version : ? about the nutr.auto feeder

korbi_doc
04-04-2004, 08:57 PM
:bounce2: :bounce2: Anyone had experience with the NutraMatic 2X auto feeder?? I love my Eheims esp. for 4X/day, but my adults could be fed every 12 hrs with this much less expensive auto feeder. Any reason to avoid other than the Eheim has me spoiled?? Problem is I now have 7 tanks going, lol, Tia, Dottie ;D

yonghui
04-04-2004, 11:30 PM
The auto feeder you are getting is fix type(Ex. 2time/day or 4X/day) ?
For dry food?
what price are you getting?

In Singapore we use auto feeder that can set 0~6 X/day. for dry food. and the price is not high. I have 4 pcs of that.

korbi_doc
04-06-2004, 05:53 PM
:bounce2: :bounce2: Thanks, Yonghui, the Eheim feeders can be set for 1-4Xday & are very reliable, & I do love them. But they cost ~$40 here at on line stores. These nutra-feeders are 'bout $14 or so, but only feed 2x/day max. This would be ok for adults if the feeders are ok, or maybe even another brand. Was hoping someone had some experience here, but maybe I'll just stick to success, lol, Dottie :D

ronrca
04-06-2004, 05:58 PM
Dottie,
I use both feeders, the eheim and the nutra! Both work great for the schedule of feedings required! ;)

iceskater
04-06-2004, 11:35 PM
I returned both nutra's. They did not keep constant feeding times. aAso were very unreliable in regards to amount of food they released, some times very little came out, other times it would release the entire container. At all times the food was wet in the container. I will stick with eheim.

Karen

K.Fawson
04-07-2004, 12:51 AM
I just purchased the Eheim from Big Al's for $32.99 each and I hope it works great, I've not used an automatice feeder befor so I hope I like it. :)

yonghui
04-07-2004, 08:00 AM
is it for dry food?

korbi_doc
04-08-2004, 12:30 PM
:bounce2: :bounce2: Yes, Yonghui, these feeders are designed for dry pellet or flake foods. I use the Hai Feng & Azoo pellets & the Eheim is very reliable, have 3. So, I guess I should get more.
Karen, that's not good news, maybe not worth the risk.
Ron, like what you had to say 'bout'm, lol.
Fawson, you will like it when you get it set properly. Just be sure before you leave it that the amount of food dispensed is what you want. Wish I could find'm for that price, now they are up to 42.99. Maybe I'll wait for a sale again, lol, Dottie