View Full Version : Force Pairing

GulfCoastDiscus
04-11-2004, 01:37 AM
Hello all,
I'm trying my hands on forcing pairs. What are some techniques in creating a bond.

Dan

Carol_Roberts
04-11-2004, 02:26 AM
Put them next to a tank with another pair or at least other adults. They will have lots of fun staring each other down through the glass.

GulfCoastDiscus
04-11-2004, 02:53 AM
Thank you Carol. What's the success rate in doing this way.

Dan

yonghui
04-11-2004, 08:00 AM
I have a pair, female die few weeks ago. I get a female from my command tank, put it into with the male , after 2 weeks they lay eggs, to day the fires is free swimming.

GulfCoastDiscus
04-11-2004, 09:28 AM
Another question...

How long do I wait to realize the pair is incompatible?

Dan

yonghui
04-11-2004, 09:58 AM
the first time(and only once) I breakup my pair is, they are fighting, and I try all ways to stop them, but still fighting. after that I move the male to the com tank, bring in a new male, and they(the new pair) have breed for 7 times.

Northwestcoastdisc
04-11-2004, 12:02 PM
hi DanDman,

I agree with yonghui.

depend on what your fish would love eachothers that is a pair off. You will notice when they are swimming together , bowing. two fish clean spawn site. Please give them time and be patience.

HTH

Duncan

NWCD

Northwestcoastdisc
04-11-2004, 12:04 PM
hi DanDman,

I agree with yonghui.

How many adults discus do you have?

depend on what your fish would love eachothers that is a pair off. You will notice when they are swimming together, bowing etc. when two fish 9 male and female ) clean spawn site. If two fish fight eachthers might be the same sexes. Please give them time and be patience.

HTH

Duncan

NWCD

GulfCoastDiscus
04-11-2004, 12:39 PM
Duncan,
I totally agree about patience.

My initial question is when do you decide if the pair is not compatible. I see no agression but very little courtship. When do you decide to separate and try another fish. What techinques do you use to form a bond between the two.

I hope this clarifies my initial post

Dan

Carol_Roberts
04-11-2004, 02:08 PM
A month or so?