PDA

View Full Version : Albert from Aquacave?

Smooth
04-12-2004, 11:31 AM
I was wondering if Aquacave is still in business?

Over the past 2/3 weeks I have been trying to contact him as I need to place an order, and I haven't heard back from e-mail or been able to reach him on the phone. Does he check this board, or has anyone contacted him recently??? Are they still in business?

Are there any other good pet supplies stores online that sell the WON Brothers heaters, besides drfoster as they apparently don't ship to canada!!

April
04-12-2004, 12:25 PM
no idea. but check with Jason from www.superiordiscus.com for heaters. he just got some state of the art heaters in . Also carries alot of other items. no customs.etc.

discus_HI
04-12-2004, 05:08 PM
Yes they're still around, I just ordered a bunch of pro heaters from them.

They were at a good price and he was willing to cut a deal on them too.

SSrowr
04-12-2004, 08:10 PM
I'm interested!
I heard the won bros were good (titanium, right?)
any order info for this site ur talking about that could have?

~Seth

Smooth
04-13-2004, 06:25 PM
April - I have looked at jason, but I need everything from sponge filters to heaters to test kits and thermometers etc and Jason doesn't carry everything I will need. I would like the no customs, but it's all good :-)

discus_HI - how did you get a hold of Albert? I think his phone is disconnected now... I can't seem to even get to his voice mail. Did you e-mail him and get a response.

SSrowr - the site I'm talking about is www.aquacave.com

Anyone else order from him recently, or make contact with him recently???

Dave C
04-13-2004, 07:01 PM
FYI, there is no duty or customs on aquarium equipment whether you buy from the U.S. or Canada. There is G.S.T. and if you buy from the U.S. the shipper will also charge you the applicable P.S.T., which you are supposed to self-remit if you buy it from another province. Of course no one ever does that. If the package is shipped USPS there is a $5 handling charge from Canada Post. If it goes FedEx or Purolater there is sometimes a charge for clearing customs but you can tell them not to do that and get the paperwork and clear it yourself. So the main disadvantages of buying U.S. are the P.S.T., the longer delivery times and the changing currency rate.