PDA

View Full Version : Trying not to over react!

Shive
04-20-2004, 02:35 PM
This morning I think I might have found whitish fecies in the tank! It was mixed with black stuff. But I am concerned! So I read the posts in "Sickness and Disease". there was a very long post about treatment but it seemed to go off track from worms to HITH. So my question is this. I understand what I should do is raise the temp to 92 (f), Do a 50% W/C, Dose Metro @ 400mg per 10gl. What do I do after the first dose! Do I continue to do 50% W/C every day adding the Metro each time? For how many days? I'm hoping I'm wrong since I have only seen it once! So I will be checking again and again. But I want to be ready to start treament as soon as possible if I have to!

Thanks
Shive

Carol_Roberts
04-20-2004, 03:51 PM
Is your discus dark, hiding in the corner and not eating? If not I would wait and see if feces are normal tomorrow. Discus get upset stomachs just like we do. Extra Water changes and salt are fine ;D

CN
04-20-2004, 05:30 PM
ok!!!i don't want to jump into shive's topic..but what kind of salt..is solar salt ok??

Shive
04-20-2004, 07:05 PM
CN, save your money I use pickling salt I get from Krogers
1.79 a 3lb box. You can use any salt that does NOT have IODINE added. Mortons makes it to.

Shive

Carol_Roberts
04-20-2004, 10:39 PM
Sodium chloride - same stuff you sprinkle on your french fries ;D

FishKeeper
04-25-2004, 07:56 PM
Actually, NOT the same stuff you sprinkle on french fries, that has iodine in it. You want non-iodized salt, iodized salt is a no no.

lkleung007
04-26-2004, 11:10 AM
Hey Shive,

I agree with Carol, wait and see. Table salt is okay to use; Morton's make one with and one without Iodine...just pick the one without and you should be fine.

HTH, Lester