PDA

View Full Version : Stand question

brandy
04-21-2004, 05:38 PM
I have a 55 gallon aquarium that I have set up in the past couple of weeks. I just noticed that half of the front of the tank is not actually touching the stand. The tank trim is about 1/16 of an inch from touching the stand in that area. The entire back of the tank, the sides, the center brace, and half of the front are touching the stand. Should I take the tank down and put some styrofoam or a piece of plywood between the tank and stand? If I do need to take the tank down, how much old water do I need to save to put back into the tank? Tank currently contains 2 young pair(!) red turqs, corys, and clown plecos.

pcgamer02
04-21-2004, 08:06 PM
Would it be possible for you to take a picture?

brandy
04-21-2004, 08:48 PM
Please disregard my question, I am stupid. I was all worried because I could see light through that side and not the other. When I went to take the photo of the stand I realized that it is not meant to actually touch the tank there anyway. You would think I would have already known this being I have a 3 year old identical tank and stand setup for my saltwater tank. Wow, my first post to the forum and I'm already asking stupid questions.

Carol_Roberts
04-22-2004, 11:17 AM
Hi Brandy and welcome to SimplyDiscus :wave:
I have either a remnant of dense, plush carpet or piece of stryfoam insulation (covered by a pretty cloth) under all my tanks. I live in an older house and it's hard to get things perfectly level.