PDA

View Full Version : beefheart and spectrum

djwfg
04-22-2004, 02:56 PM
I feed my discus one cube of beefheart a day and spectrum bits twice a day, is this enough? Should I feed more often? and if yes with what? Their is three 2 inch and 2 adults that have paired off and started breeding in this tank.
thanks for your advice
jen

Carol_Roberts
04-22-2004, 04:18 PM
Plenty for the adults - not enough for the 2 inch discus. Growing youngsters need to be fed 5 or 6 times per day.

I'm feeding my youngsters 4 feedings of tetra bits through an Eheim automatic feeder and 1 feeding each beefheart and live blackworms

aggie_67
04-23-2004, 02:19 PM
Carol,

Have a question, when you feed tetra bits, do your fish crumble the bits and leave a big mess (tetra bits) on the floor after they are done.

Carol_Roberts
04-23-2004, 10:27 PM
My discus pretty much swallow them whole. There is some crumbles left on the bottom of the adult tanks, but the juveniles clean up most leftovers

aggie_67
04-24-2004, 11:05 AM
Good news / bad news. Sounds like I was doing it right, wondered after one post said you had to presoak them. At the time it made sense, hard bits, crumb when eatten, soft ones wouldn't. Tried it but it made no difference, In retrospect wasn't the norm as you couldn't use automatic feeders if it were.

Bad news if my fish just won't eat bits, I wouldn't either with the choices they get. Right now its frozen bloodworms, then CBW, frozen brine shrimp, then BH's.

Need to try some tough love or I'll never be able to have a vacation again.