View Full Version : Advice on Shipping

rcubeiii
04-22-2004, 03:07 PM
Have had several inquiries about my fish that would require shipping. Can anyone give me advice on how to get set up to do this?

I assume I would need to have an oxygen cylinder, but am not sure where to get one or best ways to pack the fish or which shipping companies to use.

Thanks for the advice.

jeep
04-22-2004, 06:34 PM
Here's everything you ever wanted to know but were afraid to ask ;D

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=3038;sta rt=0

rcubeiii
04-22-2004, 11:34 PM
Thanks, jeep. Good thread.

rcubeiii
04-23-2004, 10:20 PM
Read over the shipping thread again and did not see anything about oxygen. Is it necessary to put oxygen in the bags? Where does one get a cylinder smaller than one of those big ones the welders use?

Also, how many inches of fish is it safe to put in one of those big square styrofoam lined boxes you see at the lfs?

gikkicat
04-23-2004, 10:29 PM
Welding supply places sell a small inexpensive oxygen bottle, and the regulator for it also. We take a box the size we need for each order and custom cut the type insulation you buy in sheets, the kind used under siding, to fit inside the box. the smaller boxes save on shipping costs and can be sized for each order. Most shippers now charge by box dimension and weight. Tony