PDA

View Full Version : fish not eatting

milton
04-23-2004, 05:21 PM
hiya,
I've got problem with 1 of my discus (3.5 inches in size good colour no clamped fins) who refuses all type of foods no matter what i try he/she just refuses to eat, does not even try to eat then spit out. All other fish eat fine & have no white poo as i've not seen this ones i treated with a deworm/anti deflagellate just in case but still no change in feeding. The only thing i can think of is putting an divider in to see if this helps this fish as 1 of the other fish does chase the others away (does not stop them from eatting though) when its feeding time and this may be the cause as they are cichlids. so my question is what else could i also do to help? thx in advance

tank and fish stats are as follows 6 discus (3inches to 4.5 inches) in a 55gal very lightly planted tank with ph 7 , kh 4, gh6, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 15-20 temp 86c with twice weekly 15% water changes and 5% every otherday ie 15% sunday, 5% tues, 15% thurs, 5% sat, 15% monday

ronrca
04-26-2004, 09:48 AM
Hard to say what the issue may be. First thing I recommend though is bringing the nitrates down to at least 10ppm with larger daily wc's. Just keep a close watch on him for any other symptons. ;)

alex_m
04-26-2004, 01:29 PM
Hi,

if i were you, i would increase the temp to 88-90 for a week.

Watch the fish, if there are no signs of improvement, isolate

the sick fish into a hospital tank and treat with heat and

metronidazole.

good luck

alex