View Full Version : Is this really true...Spitting Food ?????

Shive
04-25-2004, 08:42 AM
I have read several times about fish spitting food that it indicates worms. However I have been to breeders and friends houses and seen the same behavoir from some of there fish. I have questioned the worm issue and they usualy give me the raised Eye Brow treatment!

Here's the KICKER I have fish who hide a lot and spit there food out and then eat it again CBW's not always but a lot of the time. But I never see white fecies or any other tell tell signs. I have another tank with PB's there very happy, come out to see me will eat from my hand they also spit there food but eat t again. But in there case I did see other signs like the white fecies. But there behavoir was really friendly and vary out going no one fish acted even the least bit shy!

So i wasn't sure if I wanted to treat for worms because I wasn't sure the fish were sick! After reading the post from Brewmaster on Metro I realized an easy way to check. I raised the temp of my tank to 90(f) and waited a day. And sure enough 8 hours later I started to see more little white critters laying at the bottom of my tank!

So I'm preparing to treat my PB's. But I'mstill not sure if spitting food is a good indicator. I just don't want a lot people new to the hobby freakin out, if they dont have too.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
Shive

Carol_Roberts
04-25-2004, 10:23 AM
I already replied in general to same question http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=18225;st art=0#lastPost

toddmc
04-25-2004, 11:02 AM
Well I thought to spitting food was wierd and I thought i might have a problem but I leave the guys alone and come back a little later and there is not a speck of food on the bottom So i thought they were just breaking down into smaller bites