PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Discus Club Meeting

Denny
04-28-2004, 10:21 PM
We aer having another Midwest Discus Club meeting on Saturday May 1st at the home of Al Matheson in Blaine, Mn

Jeff Young will be flying in to speak. He will also be donating some fishies for a raffle and there will be some other prizes for the raffle.

In addition to that, There will be a special donation made that is being donated by Joe of Enchanted Discus and yours truely Denny Jahnz Of Denny Jahnz Cabinetry. This prize, which would cost you 2,000 dollars if it was ordered and built by me, is a 75 gallon all wood tank made of hand selected red oak and stained in a golden oak stain. It has 4 coats of fiberglass on the inside and a 1/4 inch glass front. The doors are my own special in house design and all of the wood was grain matched to show a very uniform color and grain pattern.

I just filled it today to see how it went. I was kidding Joe the other day that I needed to fill it to see whether we were donating an aquarium or a terrarium ;D :o. Looks pretty water tight to me.

I also decided to try something different and use rope lighting around the inside of the face frame so that the light is cast towards the back of the tank, which, when decorated should give it a unique look.

I have never built a plywood tank so this was a good way for me to see how far I could push things as far as designs are concerned and it has given me some great ideas for an island tank I want to build with an automatic raising canopy. Hopefully this winter for that one.

Back to the raffle. I have asked that the money made from tickets sold for this be used to come up with a display setup that our club can use for displaying fish at our meetings that also addresses the problems of cross contamination that we have seen recently.

Tickets, if you can believe it, are only $1 each. They are available through Willie Loh. So if you are within driving distance of the Minneapolis area and want to attend, make plans today. it will be a fun time.

Denny
04-28-2004, 10:21 PM
;)

Denny
04-28-2004, 10:22 PM
;)

Denny
04-28-2004, 10:23 PM
;)

Denny
;)

Denny
;)

Denny
04-28-2004, 10:24 PM
;)

Denny
04-28-2004, 10:25 PM
;)

Denny
04-28-2004, 10:33 PM
;)

DISCUS USA
04-28-2004, 10:35 PM
Nice Denny..i hope those lights in tank are waterproof .. :P .You do nice work..i worked as cabinet maker apprentice for 2 years when i was 18 years old and i could never trust myself to do something like what you did there Denny..much resepect to Denny.

Willie
04-28-2004, 11:14 PM
Wow, that's gorgeous. The lights are going to be the tipping point for me! :D :D :D

Besides this set up, there's going to be a ton of other stuff to raffle. The donations are coming in fast! Then, Jeff's bringing in his spectacular fish for auction. Its going to be a blow out!

Willie

Oops, don't forget Jeff's coming too! ::)