PDA

View Full Version : My first juveniles - another month on!

xen
05-01-2004, 12:14 PM
Hallo all,

I took a whole bunch of pics of my (still growing strong!) juveniles.

I've mashed some of them through jpeg compression to fit them under 85k. I'll post more here, but please check out the full collection here, with much less jpeg brutality ;-)

http://community.webshots.com/album/138846105XdeOka

I'd appreciate any comments!

Cheers!
John

First shot is Beefcake (red turq), behind Sparky (SS).

xen
05-01-2004, 12:18 PM
From L to R:

Bootsy the BT

Punky the PB (hell, I love his peppering!)
and
Columbia the SW (hiding)

xen
05-01-2004, 12:19 PM
Solo shot of Beefcake. Still the top of the pile ;-)

xen
05-01-2004, 12:24 PM
Group shot.

The RSG's oh-so-cleverly named Spot.

Nice shot of Sparky the SS's markings, getting brighter every week.

Peaches is what we call the stunted RM (affectionately "The Red Lemon"). Hex hit her and one of the BTs on arrival.

Nice shot of Columbia too, but I've chopped the poor dear's tail off this time.

Cheers!
John

crazy4discus
05-01-2004, 03:52 PM
i like the turq and the ss the most

jules
05-01-2004, 06:12 PM
Beefcake and Sparky are very handsome.

xen
05-01-2004, 10:39 PM
Cheers guys :-)

Yeah, those guys are really pretty fish.

I feel like a bit of a goose with all my fish names sometimes. My girlfriend has already reduced "Sparky" to "Sparkles".

*sigh*

Cheers!
John

Mattzilla
05-03-2004, 02:30 AM
really nice john!

what camera do you use??? good quality pictures

Rod
05-03-2004, 05:01 AM
Looking good John, keep up the good work mate.

xen
05-03-2004, 05:34 AM
Hallo guys,

Thanks for your kind comments ;-)

The camera's a Sony Mavica FD83. Funny thing is that it's only a 1 megapixel camera. It's proof to me that high resolutions aren't necessary if the optics in a camera are good. Personally I don't think your average person is ever going to need anything more than 3 megapixels regardless. My only problem with the camera is that is uses a floppy for 'film'. This means it takes about 3 seconds to 'save' images to disc, and you need to change floppies every 8 shots or so.

Cheers!
John

RyanH
05-05-2004, 12:17 AM
Hey John,

I agree. The quality of the lense does seem to be more important to picture quality than the resolution. Just thought I would let you know that Sony sells an adapter so you can actually save your pics to Memory Stick instead of a floppy. My friend has an older Mavica and it has come in pretty handy for him. They cost about 30.00 in the States.

btw, nice fish. :)

xen
05-05-2004, 01:55 AM
Heya Ryan,

An adapter, you say?

Man, that would be a great investment for me - it's the only thing that makes me want to upgrade it.

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out!

Cheers,
John

RyanH
05-06-2004, 01:02 AM
The memory stick fits inside of the adapter and the adapter goes into your camera just like a floppy. So you are actually saving your pics to the memory stick. Pretty nifty.

xen
05-06-2004, 03:58 PM
Heya Ryan,

Sounds like a very nifty lil' gadget. My curiosity is even more piqued. :-)

I've had a dig around the Sony Intl and Sony Australia sites, but haven't been able to find anything about it.

Do you think you could ask your friend for a model number? Don't go out of your way, but if you think of it...

Just to keep things on topic, I'll even post a few more pics :-)

This is a group shot, focusing on the PB, Punky. I'm particularly happy with this photo, as a photo.

Cheers!
John

xen
05-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Close-up of Columbia

xen
05-06-2004, 04:02 PM
Closeup of Punky the PB.

Incidentally the white spots you can see on his flanks have become a lot more prominent since I took the photos! Looking very pretty, in different ways than I expected.

xen
05-06-2004, 04:06 PM
Last, a pretty nice shot of Columbia and Sparky. Shows off his markings well.

Anyways, enjoy.

Cheers!
John

jaydoc
05-06-2004, 05:02 PM
Very nice pictures and very nice, round discus! I added the last picture to my screensaver because I liked it and the fish that much. The pb has more pepper than I would prefer but it sure looks fat and healthy. It may yet mature into a very pretty fish. Congrats
Cary the lesser

jeep
05-06-2004, 05:40 PM
I'm not big into white fish, but Columbia is extra nice :thumbsup:

That turk is pretty nice as well!!!