PDA

View Full Version : beefheart safety?

stygian7
05-04-2004, 07:19 PM
I'm sure this has been discussed a million times before, but I can't find the thread. Anyway, I'm interested in feeding beefheart, but want to be educated about it. I would buy the stuff from the butcher and follow Carol's salad shooter method. Seems like the uncooked meat could contain parasites or worms.

RyanH
05-04-2004, 08:17 PM
I would only feed beefheart to Discus in a barebottom tank where it can be siphoned off easily. You are asking for a world of trouble if you start adding a beefheart mix to a tank with substrate. Trust me on this... I learned this lesson the hard way when I first got into Discus.

Carol_Roberts
05-04-2004, 09:43 PM
Hearts sold for human consumption are not supposed to contain parasites and worms :o ;)

nirfun
05-07-2004, 07:46 AM
I would only feed beefheart to Discus in a barebottom tank where it can be siphoned off easily. You are asking for a world of trouble if you start adding a beefheart mix to a tank with substrate. Trust me on this... I learned this lesson the hard way when I first got into Discus.

Many people use it even in a planted tank, I dont think that there is any problem.
We just should make sure that the all food eaten and we can put bottom feeders.