PDA

View Full Version : Buying discus internet way.

tgirl6868
05-10-2004, 02:08 PM
Has anyone ever here of Somethingsphishy.com? If so, did you buy from them and how was your experience with them.

Thank you

April
05-10-2004, 02:40 PM
please im tgirl with your experiences if anyone has had one. thanks.

theres banners on the forum..and theres a list of sponsored breeders or importers also you can check out.
I got some great fish lately from www.superiordiscus.com or www.discusfantasy.com check them out. or www.greatlakesdiscus.com or..www.discusfarm.us. all good people with nice fish. Alot of people on the forum have got fish from them and all are very pleased.

tgirl6868
05-10-2004, 02:47 PM
Thank you April for your reply.
I've been looking around didn't check them all out yet but I did bump into somethingsphishy.com & found a fish I liked and wanted to know if anyone has done business with them before.

jeep
05-11-2004, 09:55 AM
Tamara,

Just remember, just because you see a picture of a fish you like doesn't mean the fish you buy will look identical.

When buying fish, especially over the internet, what you're after is quality of fish and reputation of the seller (which includes follow-up's after the sale as well as assistance in case any "issues" should arise).

I'm not knocking anyone, but if you do a search you'll find endorsement after endorsement of the people April mentioned...

Good luck!

Brian

April
05-12-2004, 12:13 AM
some sites have pics of the fish they came from where they imported them from..not necessarily the fish in their tanks you will receive. sometimes the best representation picture of that strain.
if you look at great lakes discus site..those are in fact his fish in his tanks.

John_Nicholson
05-12-2004, 04:20 PM
Since you are in CT have you check with Al yet?

-john

tgirl6868
05-13-2004, 09:24 AM
Thank you for all of the replys. See I've never bought from the internet and for what was said in this thread is what I'm afraid of. I've bought some fish from Al and I love them they look great. I was amazed with all of his fish and the setup he has...... WOW it was nice. :)

April
05-13-2004, 10:50 AM
Lucky you. well..id say you have some very nice fish close by you.
there are good places to buy from on the internet. .Just get recommendations or go through the photo gallery and see who got from who etc.
ive bought all my fish from people who post on this forum and had them all shipped. And..i have some very nice fish swimming around my tanks.

brewmaster15
05-14-2004, 02:19 AM
HI Tamara!
How are you? Thanks for the kind words about my fish! Don't be a stranger... The place has changed a bit since your visit! :) Hope you are well,
al

ps..
Thanks John. :)

tgirl6868
05-14-2004, 09:22 AM
Hello Al!
I haven't been on the computer that much lately I broke my anckle in March. I'm getting better though it's been seven weeks now so I'm getting to the end. Every once in a while I would come on and see whats new. Cant wait till I can walk though. :) Have a nice day!!!!! ;D