PDA

View Full Version : Fish Stores on Maui in Hawaii?

FishRule
05-10-2004, 02:11 PM
Hi everyone,
I am going to be on Maui, HI this coming week (the 12th -17th) for my friends wedding, anyone know of any good (or heck, even lousy) fish stores on Maui that I should go too? I suspect I will have some free time to search for fish!
Thanks!!

discus_HI
05-10-2004, 05:37 PM
Fish stores in Maui... there are not very many around....The petstore at Maui mall is weak. You might have better luck with The Fish Shack in Wailuku.

Best bet is to check out the new Aquarium on maui, its pretty nice compared to the one on Oahu but still a little small.

FishRule
05-10-2004, 07:32 PM
Fish stores in Maui... there are not very many around....The petstore at Maui mall is weak. You might have better luck with The Fish Shack in Wailuku.

Best bet is to check out the new Aquarium on maui, its pretty nice compared to the one on Oahu but still a little small.

Thanks Discus, I will do just that!!
Barb

wildthing
05-10-2004, 08:18 PM
If you are on Maui fish stores should be the last thing on your mind......you will be in paradise! there is tons to do there.
I visited friends there...most of them went on vacation and never left.....

FishRule
05-10-2004, 08:25 PM
If you are on Maui fish stores should be the last thing on your mind......you will be in paradise! there is tons to do there.
I visited friends there...most of them went on vacation and never left.....

Ha ha! I plan on enjoying Hawaii, LOL! No worries there! I just love to pop into a fish store or two anywhere I travel, I never know what I might find to bring home :)

htsou
05-11-2004, 01:06 AM
I just came back from Maui on Sunday.. Don't expect too much for the fish store. you should go check some fish diving in Molokini!

JeffreyRichard
05-11-2004, 09:43 AM
First, I'm going to Maui in July, so I want a Full Report posted here when you return ;) ;) ;)

There was a fellow I met 10 years ago in Tampa, Fred Lum, has/had a hatchery in Honolulu (Oahu) ... Pacific Discus Hatchery; 808-732-1268 ... don't know the status of the operation.

Also, Ray Kosaka is in Hawaii somewhere (glad I could be specific ;D ) ... search this site

Jeff

JeffreyRichard
05-11-2004, 10:57 AM
OK ... here's some info on Fred and Ray (not in business)

http://www.hawaiidiscus.com/

It appears there is a fellow who is breeding discus on Kauai

CliffsDiscus
05-11-2004, 06:58 PM
Hey FishRule,
There is a petshop outside of Lahina across from Safeway.
Not to much Discus there.

Cliff