PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

Hippy
05-31-2004, 05:57 PM
Hi everyone just signed up so i thought id better make myself known,my name is Matt but my mates call me the Hippy (probly the long hair).
Im new to the discus thing and have wanted to keep them ever since i started keeping fish about 10 years ago so i decide to do it,went out and bought a so called breeding pair,a pigeon blood and a red turqouise (i think) although i wont know for sure until they get fruity so heres hoping ....
Anyway would be nice to here from anyone who could poss help and maybe answer some of my many questions that i shall be asking very shortly
Thanks guys hope to speak soon Hippy

paulmat
05-31-2004, 07:31 PM
Welcome Hippy ;D
Ask all the questions you want,theres a welth of knowledge here.

Paul

KD
05-31-2004, 08:22 PM
Hey Hippy,
When I met my hubby he had long hair too-- Many moons ago!!! Oh Me too-- HA HA HA!!!
Welcome - this board is great - the moderaters are SUPER!!
Good luck with your new Discus - Im new too.
Karen

RyanH
05-31-2004, 08:26 PM
Welcome to Simply, Hippy! You can fire away with those questions anytime! :)

April
05-31-2004, 09:49 PM
welcome aboard.!! glad you finally managed to get some discus. you will love them and its just the start!! lots to read and learn here. theres also the library to have a boo at. www.simplydiscus.com
:wave:
hope you enjoy your visits. ask away .

Hippy
06-01-2004, 05:31 AM
Brilliant,what can i say,thanks very much guys.
Great people........

Mattzilla
06-01-2004, 06:00 AM
where are you from hippy?

Hippy
06-01-2004, 06:44 AM
Hey Mr Zilla,im in the U.K and yep...its raining,lol.
I live in norfolk,out in the country on the east side of britain along with the cows and sheep
How bout You ????

Moooooooo!! Hippy

Hippy
06-01-2004, 06:45 AM
How did that smilie get there? lol

Mattzilla
06-01-2004, 07:52 AM
i'm in oz....it's winter here and still sunny....just to rub it in...lol

but still a little cold...at times anyway

matt

06-01-2004, 08:59 AM
Hippies!!! I was one of them in London England 1969 studying as an exchange student. Really felt in love in that place. The good old times. We not only had long hair, we wore no shoes neither. Smoking weeds and had flowers on our hair. The "Who", The "Queens" and the "Rolling Stones"."Tommy" was on stage. Sitting and hanging around doing nothing at Victoria Station.Wish I were 19 again. Welcome.
Jimmy.

jim_shedden
06-01-2004, 09:12 AM
Welcome Hippy ;D

JimmyL ............a hippy?..............this just made my day..........JimmyL ............long hair?..........too much ;D

Post a picture Jimmy ;D

06-01-2004, 09:26 AM
Hippy.... ;D LOL

Well, welcome aboard. ;D Just read my signature script. ;D

Nice to learn the different methods of keeping a larger sized tank and raising frybabies in it. Cool idea, ppl.

06-01-2004, 09:28 AM
Hippies!!! I was one of them in London England 1969 studying as an exchange student. Really felt in love in that place. The good old times. We not only had long hair, we wore no shoes neither. Smoking weeds and had flowers on our hair. The "Who", The "Queens" and the "Rolling Stones"."Tommy" was on stage. Sitting and hanging around doing nothing at Victoria Station.Wish I were 19 again. Welcome.
Jimmy.

Hey, JimmyL,

You had to be in NYC in the 60's (and early 70's) to be an authentic Hippy. ;D ;D ;D ;D I don't think England had anything on us folks here in NYC. JMO

LOL

:sun: :sun: :sun: :sun:

Cosmo
06-01-2004, 04:08 PM
Welcome aboard from an actual 60's long hair (could that really be 40 years ago??!!). Hope you know what you're getting yourself into .. Hang on.... you're embarking upon the amazing adventure of Discus addiction :)

kaceyo
06-01-2004, 04:28 PM
Hey man, I still got the hair(or have it again) but had to give up that smokin lifestyle when I had fry...I mean kids on the way. You can tell by your warm wellcome the folks here are great. Listen to them and you wont go wrong. Good luck, Kacey