PDA

View Full Version : Hydor inline heaters - opinions?

xen
06-01-2004, 10:22 AM
Hallo all,

I recently noticed there's a local retailer who have a special on Hydor inline heaters.

I was wondering if any of you fine folk have had any experience with these, and could offer opinions?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
John

Anonapersona
06-01-2004, 11:34 AM
I have bought several regular heaters by Hydor from PetSolutions and they are keeping the temp right on target at 88 in the new discus tank. They do float and so the in-line might be better as I expect the suction cups to fail periodically. I do not know about sizing the in-line ones for discus temps. I don't know how you'd be sure it was running, I find it comforting to be able to see the little light on now and then.

Cosmo
06-01-2004, 04:02 PM
Hey John, It's a cool idea, but I have no idea if they'll work, though I don't see why not. If you get one, let us all know how it works for you
Jim

Jason
06-01-2004, 08:38 PM
I've been using the regular heaters for months and like them but the in-line heaters are not very good IMO they had the disadvantage of having to be used with a canister filter or water pump and they did'nt keep the temp's up if the flow was too strong though them, they looked pretty cool though :P but I would'nt buy one myself.

lkleung007
06-02-2004, 09:16 AM
Hey John,

I have been using a regular submersible Hydor heater that I purchased from Jason and it seems to be holding the temp nicely (up to 92F in my 75 gallon). I just hope it continues to work as well as it is working right now!! I really like the sturdy construction and durability. These heaters do like to float...gotta make sure the suction cups work well.

HTH, Lester

wghibbits
03-24-2006, 11:54 PM
hey john ,
i have the hydor 300 watt in line heater on a 110 gal tank and a magnum 350 canister filter i love it keeps water temp consistant,and it also has a little light on it when its on lol.the dial was very close ,i set it at 85 mine runs between 84 and 85 i'v only had it about three months but so far so good.easy to install also ,has fittings that just tighten up on hoses,and it gets it out of the tank.got mine at foster and smith on sale for 40.00 something.

Bill

gators111
03-27-2006, 05:10 PM
I also have the inline 300 with the 5/8" fittings on a Rena XP3. I've had mine for 9 months without incident. Temp is a constant 85.

AmazonRainbows
03-27-2006, 06:05 PM
I have try both of them. I try the 150W submersible in my 80Gal. tank as a fail safe heater and he broke after two months. THe heater never work wright from the start. I also try a in-line the 201 model (200W). My temp was varying around 1.5F witch I found to much. Personnaly I will not go with Hydor anymore. My in-line is now for sale if you are interested and leave near by.

hth BIJMO

molurus73
03-27-2006, 06:07 PM
I haver the 300 as well. Works great. Have had it for almost a year. Has worked well all the way.

Dood Lee
03-29-2006, 03:52 PM
The Hydor inlines work perfect for me as well.