PDA

View Full Version : Tank pic

Steve_Warner
06-06-2004, 03:29 AM
Hi all,
I took an updated pic of my tank tonight. The discus in the middle of pic by pot is guarding eggs......Unfortunately unfert'd ones :'( Anyway, I have grown to really like the look of the green algae all over the roots and wood and have decided to leave it. Free floating is kept out of the water column by W/C's and the fish display really colorful traits. I know they ingest some algae with the CBW's they are fed, as I've seen the worms fall on the wood/roots and the discus go "hunting" for the tangled up ones. They look like they have a blast doing this. You can judge for yourself how the Philos and Pothos are doing, submerged and all. I have a couple suction cups with plastic hooks around the inside of the tank, just above the water level, which hold the vines as they grow around the tank insides. The roots dangle in the water and the tank looks really cool like this. I have to make sure to keep checking the sponges weekly when I squeeze them out, 'cause the roots go right for them and grow in the pores.
Steve

Amadhunter
06-06-2004, 07:38 AM
Nice looking tank!

fshngal
06-06-2004, 08:19 AM
Steve,

Beautiful show tank with the plant arrangements. Best of luck with the spawn.

Fshngal

Barb Newell
06-06-2004, 11:21 AM
Steve, beautiful tank! I love the way you have the pothos.

Barb :)

luke_potts
06-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Nice tank!!!!! it looks great ;)

cheers
luke