PDA

View Full Version : Shipping discus to CANADA?

amazing_discus
06-08-2004, 05:09 PM
Hi members,

How do you ship discus to Canada? ???Do I need to have an exporter permit? ??? Any input will be appreciated ;)..Thanks

Glenn
06-08-2004, 08:20 PM
You can just ship the fish but make sure you put the packing slip on the outside of the box.

amazing_discus
06-08-2004, 08:41 PM
Hi Glenn,
Thank you ;)
I am using Fedex priority...I'll call them for more information too. Thanks again....

Glenn
06-08-2004, 09:55 PM
the package will be held at the fedex office until the customs papers are done.

Jeff
06-09-2004, 01:18 PM
Good Luck sending using FedEx. They can't clear customs early enough in most cities to have it delivered the next day. So it is usually a 2 day deal. >:(

amazing_discus
06-09-2004, 01:55 PM
Good Luck sending using FedEx. They can't clear customs early enough in most cities to have it delivered the next day. So it is usually a 2 day deal. >:(

Jeff,
Thanks for the input. This is Lauro, How are you? Have you ship discus to Canada before? What shipping Co. would you recommend? I have shipped to Hawaii and other states but not in Canada :) Thanks jeff....Lauro <><

Jeff
06-09-2004, 01:57 PM
I would only ship discus to Canada going airport to airport. I tried Fedex once and it wasn't pretty even though they said it would be no problem.

amazing_discus
06-09-2004, 02:08 PM
Thank you! ;)

calgalindi
06-09-2004, 06:52 PM
As far as I know you need to pay $55 to US Fish and Wildlife and attach the document with an invoice on the carton.
Let me know if I am wrong!

April
06-09-2004, 10:45 PM
nah...may need to be a known shipper.. no one pays that..or we could never get fish sent to us in canada as itd be too costly.
ive had tons and tons of shipments from usa sent to me. easy as pie accepting. you go to the cargo get the invoice and shipping documents, or have an invoice faxed to you ahead of time..then over to customs . they charge you taxes and they ask you if for your own use. yes of course they are. then..go back to the cargo with your stamped copy and pick up your fish. in smaller towns..you may need to book a customs guy to inspect the box before they release it. but big airports dead easy. yes..i remember when fedex tried to send a box to victoria. it didnt clear customs in time to make the next plane..and i had to go rescue them in vancouver. not the best way to go.
Alaska is great..and continental works with air canada. you need to find out which ones land in the city their going to..and the cargo hours . some offices close up tight at 6 pm. then..if you dont get them cleared customs by then..they could sit there for the night till they open again in the a.m. so the receiver need to check all that out.