PDA

View Full Version : NEW FISH there PH6* my PH7*

Shive
06-12-2004, 05:37 PM
How do I acclimate these fish to their new tank water? By adding water from the tank to the bag or does it matter. Should I just plop the discus in. Again there PH is 6 which is lower than mine which is 7.0. WHat should I do.

P.S. I think I once asked a simular question but I could not get the SEARCH option to work!

Thanks
Shive

brandy
06-12-2004, 05:58 PM
I normally put my discus into a 5 gallon bucket to acclimate them. I add a cup or so of water every 5 minutes. Continue doing this for about 45 minutes (dump some water out of bucket if it gets too full). Make sure the water in the bucket doesn't cool off too much during this time. Then net the fish and put it in the tank.

bikhu
06-12-2004, 06:44 PM
Discus tolerate an upward shange in pH well. Downward spikes are much more hazardous. I have always put them nearly directly into the tank once the temp is good. I think the time in the bucket is more of a stressor than the change... get them into the tank quickly so they can acclimate to there environment....
IME ... HTH
peter

Carol_Roberts
06-12-2004, 07:44 PM
Reach in bag, plop in tank ;D

Discus_Newbie19
06-12-2004, 09:56 PM
Reach in bag, plop in tank
Thats what was suggested to me and it worked fine.

Shive
06-13-2004, 10:01 AM
Thanks every one :D! I temped them and plopped them in and there eating like pigs ;)!

Thanks Again
Shive