PDA

View Full Version : Beefheart wanted in Chicago Area

wsoxman
06-14-2004, 01:22 PM
I am looking to buy 20lbs of San Fransco Brand Beefheart in 16oz flat packs. I also need 5 lbs of SF Brine Shrimp.
It seems that Dr. Foster &Smith and Thatpetplace are not shipping during the summer.
Local pet stores are a ripoff and I dont want to make my own.

Jack Jarrett
Lockport,IL
wsoxman2@comcase.net

Discusgeo
06-15-2004, 09:47 PM
Contact Frank at Fish King in Chicago. He doesn't sell the S.F brand as his is all repackaged with his company name.

DonnaMite
06-15-2004, 10:57 PM
George,
Does he have a website? Someone else was talking about his beefheart a few weeks ago, and I was unable to find it ........

Thanks a bunch!
Donna

wsoxman
06-15-2004, 11:45 PM
I just talked with a Joliet Pet Store who orders from Fish King in Chicago. This is the BETTER beefheart with a white package and a picture of a Discus on it.
Again, who is Frank And How do I get in contact? Does he sell retail?

Jack
Lockport

Discusgeo
06-16-2004, 07:16 PM
Frank is Frank Suerth and owns Fish King. You should have just purchase the Beefheart from them, your pet shop. I sent you Franks Email but here it is again. You will have to ask Frank if he sells retail I don't know that as I am a distributor for Frank. I don't think he is going to sell you only a couple of pounds as I always get more than 120lbs from him.
Email: suerth@surfnetcorp.com

Jean
06-16-2004, 09:49 PM
Donna- You tryin to get outta makin bh now???? huh? :o

Hey network down there; maybe you can pull enough orders to make it work!

Jean ;D 8)

wsoxman
06-17-2004, 12:31 PM
Emailed and Phoned Frank. Nothing so far.
I pay about $8lb (Including shipping) for 25lbs from Thatpetplace. They dont ship in the summer.
Pet Shops are a ripoff at $15-16 plus Tax.
I can't remember the last time I bought something from a local pet shop.

wsoxman
06-17-2004, 02:13 PM
I got this note from Frank:
Thanks for your interest in Fish King Beefheart. Unfortunately we are not able to sell to you. Fish King sells to distributors only and they sell to the pet stores. We do not sell to pet stores, breeders or hobbiest.

Frank

Ok, does anyone have a price under $11lb for Beefheart and local pet store?

RandalB
06-17-2004, 04:25 PM
I don't know why you are so set on beefheart personally, I've never used it....

But if George is recommending Fish King's Brand, I can get it for you.....

RandalB

wsoxman
06-17-2004, 11:24 PM
Randal,
I have been feeding my Discus Beefheart for nearly 25 years. Breeders around the world have done it much longer. I could put a chunk of BH and a chunk of Harkari Bloodworms in a tank with my big fish. The BH would be the first to go.
I suggest trying it for a change to your fish's diet.

So can you get me 20lbs? I could pick it up at your house.

Jack
Lockport

RandalB
06-18-2004, 01:58 AM
Jack,
Thanks for the recommendation, but I'll pass. My fish do fine with their current diet and beefheart costs the same as the Hikari products I'm using.

$6.25 per lb on the Beefheart in 1lb packages. I'll have to check if it's in stock or not.

RandalB