PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Mr Lee Tong Juan The 5 times Grand Champion

SLY
06-15-2004, 11:43 AM
http://www.discusrealms.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=32&mode=&or der=0&thold=0

Jeff
06-15-2004, 12:06 PM
Very Nice bro.

TKD-MAN
06-15-2004, 12:27 PM
Thank you Sly :)

goldengatediscus
06-15-2004, 12:56 PM
Thank you SLY. I had the honor of meeting Mr Lee at his home a few years ago, and seeing his champion fish. He is truely a gentleman and scholar, and an asset to the discus community.
Brigitte

Carol_Roberts
06-15-2004, 01:23 PM
Thanks Sly!
I really enjoyed the interview and pictures ;D

fshngal
06-15-2004, 01:36 PM
Sly,

Thank you for posting the link to the interview. It was definitely well worth reading to completion.

Great interview!!!

Fshngal ;)

heavyp83
06-15-2004, 01:41 PM
Thanks for including my beginner questions Sly!

Howie_W
06-15-2004, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the link! The pictures of Mr. Lee's fish say it all...he's got the basics down to a science.

There's certainly a consistency in this hobby that's apparent each time you read an interview like this. Mr. Lee's experience is obviously paying off for him.

Howie

Rod
06-15-2004, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the interview and great pics Sly, very enjoyable.

lkleung007
06-15-2004, 06:03 PM
Hey Sly,

Thanks for the link!! Great article and awesome pics!!

Lester ;)

Pick
06-15-2004, 07:49 PM
Thanks Sly, great photos. Interesting facts.

TC

gary1218
06-15-2004, 11:27 PM
Interesting that he only feeds his fry 2-3 times a day.

Thanks Sly,
GARY

kaceyo
06-15-2004, 11:49 PM
Wattley also suggests that many people don't give enough time for digestion between feedings and that 3 times a day for juvies and once a day for adults is enough. I love those interviews Sly,keep 'em commin'. Kaceyo

fishfarm
06-16-2004, 12:49 AM
I visited with Mr. Lee after the 2001 Aquarama, Great fellow! Very gentile man much like Mr. Wattley. What's amazing is he has about 30 tanks set up in an open air shed behind his house and raises world champion caliber fish. Ken

beta
06-16-2004, 03:03 AM
Great interview :)
Thanks for asking my questions :)

Discus_KC
06-16-2004, 03:19 AM
Sly,

Thank you !!!!!!

SLY
06-16-2004, 10:43 AM
Welcome guys. I forgot about something that Mr Lee wanted me to tell you guys. Those Singapore Fireworks sold on Aquabid are not from his line or him. Thank you. :)

06-16-2004, 11:15 AM
Good work Sly. first time visiting your site. They are very informative and well organized.
Jimmy.

chirohorn
06-16-2004, 07:34 PM
I forgot about something that Mr Lee wanted me to tell you guys. Those Singapore Fireworks sold on Aquabid are not from his line or him.

Hmmm, that's odd. The auction says they're from him:
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwdiscus&1087433402

Looks like someone isn't being honest or truthful (again).

Valik
06-16-2004, 08:55 PM
I don't know if it is just cause they are young, and I know young ones don't look like their parents alot of the time but the discus being sold on there doesn't seem to look at all like the parent. To me it looks like it is a much much lighter blue and has almost no background color in the mid body area like the adult in the top picture. My question is, is that normal for them not to have close to full color at 4" or could those fish end up like the adult on the top still?

Matt Stratton

SLY
06-16-2004, 10:55 PM
I forgot about something that Mr Lee wanted me to tell you guys. Those Singapore Fireworks sold on Aquabid are not from his line or him.

Hmmm, that's odd. The auction says they're from him:
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwdiscus&1087433402

Looks like someone isn't being honest or truthful (again).

Just look at the different tank background..the first pic was taken at last aquarama at Lee's place from what I know. As for the other pics..the seller should know very well where he took them.

Jean
06-16-2004, 11:25 PM
Good Work Sly! Thanks for pointing out that bit o info too.

Jean ;D 8)

SLY
06-16-2004, 11:53 PM
No problem Jean..I am just posting on his behalf..most breeders here do not have time to surf the net so I am always ask to pass their messages. ;D

Howie_W
06-17-2004, 09:21 AM
I'd be curious to know if anyone has emailed the seller. The aquibid auction clearly advertises Mr. Lee's name in big letters...very misleading.

Howie

06-17-2004, 09:42 AM
I'd be curious to know if anyone has emailed the seller.

LMAO!! Howie....He's (the seller) WELL KNOWN For stealing pictures and making false claims....He's been doing it for years!
Nothing new....its almost...."expected" now. ::)

Tony

kaceyo
06-17-2004, 04:53 PM
Do you think the seller would go so far as to post pics as being the actual fish in his tanks when they aren't?I live in Seattle and was considering atrip to Portland in the not so near future. Kaceyo

Valik
06-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Woo Hoo go Seattle! Seems like we don't have very good breeders around here tho:) Oh well maybe some day it'll change:)
Matt

rsawest
06-17-2004, 08:43 PM
Sly,

Thanks for the interesting interview with Mr. Lee. Keep up the good work.

Linda

kaceyo
06-19-2004, 01:36 AM
Valik,it sure seems that way.Every time I find a Discus breeder/supplier within driving distance I find out there are serious problems with them.I found a place called King Discus in Seattle's international district and was told by the owner I'd "hurt" my fish if I did daily WC's,that 25% WC every 2 weeks was enough and he showed me how clean he kept the Tubifex worms he fed his fish.Go figure. Kaceyo

Valik
06-19-2004, 02:21 AM
Yeah I've been down to King's a couple of times, but never bought from him. Oh well maybe we can get a northwest network started and at least try to group order for better shipping:) I'll tell you shipping is a killer:) Anyhow if you find a good local place drop me a line:)
Matt

Discusgeo
06-19-2004, 05:20 PM
Great interview job Sly and keep up the good investigation work and letting others know what some people will go thru just to sell fish.

allan_mark76
06-21-2004, 05:22 PM
The seller of those fish belong to :scared:Mike Heppner who is notorious in deceiving a lot of hobbyists out of their hard earned $$$Money$$$.

He's been proven to do the following:

A. Take pics of someone else's fish and say that you have those fish.
B. Put auctions on Aquabid and say the pic is the actual fish being sold and then we find that pic
is on another person's website.
C. Use pics of overseas hobbyist as his own without their permission.

In all honesty I'd feel very sorry for the person who'd buy those fish as I'd feel ripped off and taken advantage of due to his deceptions and lies for this hobby.

Here's the link for your viewing:

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/closed.cgi?view_closed_item&fwdiscus1087433402

:lurk:

kaceyo
06-21-2004, 07:10 PM
I'm very dissapointed in both nationaly known pacific northwest Discus suppliers,namely,Macks Discus and Hepp's Discus center.I have heard about too many bad and questionable experiences with these two,the only two within easy driving distance of Seattle.However, when I checked the link above and then checked Aquabids buyer feedback there were no negative remarks,only positive.I don't doubt the tails of terror about each,but does Mike H have an interest in Aquabid or visa/versa?Why don't his customers on Aquabid complain as I,ve seen so many others do?Just wondering.I thought maybe he was a part owner of Aquabid or something.Sends the boys out after people who speak up maybe.Thanx, Kaceyo

brewmaster15
06-21-2004, 07:38 PM
Not that I don't agree with some of the negatives recently posted here, as I have very some strong personal feelings here... :-\ :-\ :-\ >:( >:( >:( >:(

But in the interest of following this sites rules I must ask everyone to please read the sites mission statement and keep things in line with it.

http://www.simplydiscus.com/mission_statement.html

Thanks,
al

ps..I have shared my experiences on Heps by IM and email in the past and will do so again if anyone wants it.