PDA

View Full Version : wilddiscus.com and ctdiscus..I'm committed

brewmaster15
06-25-2004, 08:12 AM
Hi all,
Well I am now officially committed....(or probably should be legally committed :) ) The lease has been signed and our new home will be in wallingford CT. We found a nice new warehouse space that will house my brothers construction company and my Fish Biz.. It wasn't easy finding a place that didn't mind having a ton of water in it. BY tuesday of next week I hope to be able to start moving in tanks... I have a bunch of tanks sitting in storage at David Webbers still to move here. (sorry David.. I know they have over stayed their welcome. ) Hopefully , I'll have it all set up soon.

I don't know how people like cary build such an impressive hatchery ...I'm looking at my space saying OMG>> what the heck am I doing here. :) This buisness will not be anything extremely large at this point... Just a few thousand gallons...but we have a lease clause for expansion if needed.

I'll be working primarily with discus and carrying supplies like JBL brand.... but hope to carry other fish like altums and specialty exotics.. we'll see..one step at a time.

Nice thing about this space is the ceilings are 20 feet tall.. I can easily put in 3 tiers of tanks. Its also only 15 minutes from my home.

should be fun...

-al

Barb Newell
06-25-2004, 08:20 AM
I'm really really really happy for you Al :bounce: :bounce2:, good luck and congratulations again.

Lots of changes over the past two years.....

I don't know how people like cary build such an impressive hatchery ...I'm looking at my space saying OMG>> what the heck am I doing hereOne step at a time. :) :)

Barb ;)

DarkDiscus
06-25-2004, 08:25 AM
Al,

Awesome! I look forward to seeing the set up!

Congratulations and good luck!!!

John

mikeos
06-25-2004, 08:36 AM
Nice one Al.

Howie_W
06-25-2004, 09:46 AM
I don't know how people like cary build such an impressive hatchery ...I'm looking at my space saying OMG>> what the heck am I doing here. :)

Al,

It all sounds fantastic. Congratulations and good luck. The labor of moving and set-up will be out of the way before you know it.

I'm sure when Cary first set-up in his basement he siad the exact same thing.

Howie

Howie_W
06-25-2004, 09:49 AM
The lease has been signed and our new home will be in wallingford CT.

Al,

I have to say this is truly a good omen, as you've selected the town that established the charter for, and subsequently named my new home town after! :)

Howie

Larry Grenier
06-25-2004, 10:51 AM
Very kewl Al. Would love to see pics of your progress.

TKD-MAN
06-25-2004, 11:07 AM
Hi Al :wave:, I work for fish ;)

Harriett
06-25-2004, 11:54 AM
al,
this has got to be a dream come true for you--very best wishes for all the new steps---ENJOY!
Best regards,
Harriett

bikhu
06-25-2004, 12:55 PM
Congratulations Al!

If I can help in any way... feel free to call on me. I do have a van remember...

jeep
06-25-2004, 01:52 PM
Maybe I can come to CT and help build another fishroom. I work for fish ;D

06-25-2004, 02:45 PM
Congratulations and good luck Al,

Best wishes for your new Biz. 8)

Ronald

Carol_Roberts
06-25-2004, 02:57 PM
How exciting and if your brother is a builder that should help with materials too. ;D

korbi_doc
06-25-2004, 06:36 PM
:bounce2: :bounce2: Congratulations Al!! I'm so glad for you & you are so lucky to have your brother there who can help with construction. Between the two of you, it's looking pretty good guys!! I hope I can get up there one of these days to see your set up & just lust over it, & the fish lol, have fun!! Dottie 8)

Jason
06-25-2004, 06:57 PM
Go for it! life is too short to not chase after dreams ;)

mench
06-25-2004, 11:18 PM
Congrats on the new venture.I know it will take off.

Mench

Don_Lee
06-25-2004, 11:54 PM
Great news Al! The more good people in the discus business the better!

Don ;D

Tad
06-26-2004, 12:53 AM
Al,
Congratulations on the new facility...Im personally awaiting to see the combined success and growth of Connecticut Discus and WildDiscus.com.

wishing you the best,
Tad

Rod
06-26-2004, 04:07 AM
Congrats Al, hope everything goes well for you.

kaceyo
06-26-2004, 11:41 PM
Hey,does that "I WORK FOR FISH" sign work on the side of the offramp? :idea:

Jontam
07-12-2004, 01:52 PM
Al,

Congratulation and since your are so close to me, I might drive down to pick up some fishes, when I have my tank ready :) ;D

Jon

DarkDiscus
07-12-2004, 02:20 PM
Hey Everybody,

I was just over at Al's this weekend for some BBQ and fishwatching and I have to say, Al has a ton of AWESOME wilds swimming around. Plus more in QT being conditioned. Plus more on order.

I am closing on my new house on July 30th and I'm getting a 180 as a showtank. The plan is to take my existing discus plus buy 10 more wilds to complete the school...

Guess where I'm getting them from??

;D

John

heckelcrazy
07-12-2004, 04:52 PM
al will you be dealing in domestic discus as well...or just the wilds?

It would sure be cool to have another person bringing in quality asian/german etc discus of all the latest colours. Competition is obviously good for all of us hobbyists!

aran

brewmaster15
07-13-2004, 07:26 AM
John,
It was great having you and sandra over.Firing up the grill with friends is always a great way to spend the day...

Jon, let me know if you want to visit,, no purchase necessary, meeting fellow hobbyists is part of the hobby !

Aran,
I'm not sure at this point what I will do with domestics, I plan on selling wilds, and wildXdomestic crosses. I will probably always have some domestics for sale as well...more from home bred lines, than imported. But we'll see if I expand my ideas there. Really what I am hoping for is to be able to put out some nice wilds, wild crosses, and discus supplies. Rumor has it though that I am bringing in other south American fish as the opportunity and interest arises. :)

Thanks,
al

Jontam
07-14-2004, 03:35 PM
Al,

Thanks for invitation, I will try to make the trip this summer and will definitely let you know ahead of time.

Jon

Alan
07-14-2004, 04:12 PM
Hi Al!

I wish you all the best on this venture. Good luck!

Alan

paulmat
07-15-2004, 07:59 AM
Good Luck Al ;)

Paul

Jean
07-15-2004, 10:11 AM
Hey Al-
That committed part in the thread title concerned me about you... but then again all of us could be 'committed' ;)

Good Luck with the new venture!!!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12_3_45.gif ;D

Jean ;D 8)

EthanCote.com
07-16-2004, 11:25 AM
Good luck Al on the new venture.

All the best to you.

Cheers,

Chi.

tag
07-16-2004, 03:40 PM
Al, As everyone else, I wish you the best. You may find that once all of the labour is done....the rest just might create itself. The venture's in good hands.

Take care

Tina