PDA

View Full Version : BEE-U-T-FUL

kaceyo
06-27-2004, 06:57 PM
Well,I'm sitting here watching the water level in my acclimating bucket slowly rise as I ready some of the most gorgous Discus I've ever seen for their new tank.One thing I've heard but never experienced till now,Discus people can't count.Danny's poor math skills went in my favor so I'm certainly not going to tell him he messed up.I rigged a quick drip system by tieing a length of airline to my baister,which floats in the aquarium,then putting a rubberband round the oposite end and folded it to control flow, and let it hang in the bucket and drip. I ended up with 5 Leopardskins,3 Maze type Red turq's and 2 Spotted Eruptions.One fish was laying on his side,flat on the bottom and scared me to death.After 1hr of slowly replacing the shipping water with tank water all are looking excelent(excelent is said with palms rubbing swiftly together).Gotta go,water level needs attention. Kaceyo

Carol_Roberts
06-27-2004, 08:03 PM
;D :thumbsup: ;D

kaceyo
06-27-2004, 08:16 PM
They are all swimming around looking for food.A Spotted Eruption was the first to start pecking at the sponge filter.I'm gonna take that as a good sign,and now they are all swimming around looking for food 30 minuts out of the acclimation bucket.I'll wait till tomorow to feed em but it won't be easy cause they look like their starving.So colorful already and actualy getting more colorful by the minute.well,back to watching TV(Tank Vision). Kaceyo

Dkarc@Aol.com
06-27-2004, 08:37 PM
Pictures!!!

-Ryan

Pick
06-27-2004, 08:37 PM
Makes me ready for a new batch! It is exciting isn't it? Where's the pictures?

TC

kaceyo
06-27-2004, 09:37 PM
Sorry,my daughter has the camera.I really wish I could show these babies to ya.Somehow she thinks she has more rights to it just because she has my grandaughter!!!Go figure.She doesn't understand about my "new family". Kaceyo

April
06-28-2004, 02:17 AM
congrats on your new kids. i want some of those mazes..etc.
i got his red pearls and the deep reflections..and their great fish.
well enjoy..and keep us updated. get that camera away from your daughter.!!!

Valik
06-28-2004, 02:40 AM
Glade to hear your discus all came in ok and are doing well. And go steal that camera back and get some pics up:)
Matt

Howie_W
06-28-2004, 09:26 AM
Excellent! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What Matt said...get us some pics! Congrats.

Howie