PDA

View Full Version : Melon male, snakeskin female

susankay1
06-30-2004, 10:35 PM
This is a new pair we put together. The male is from Liz and the female is from Mench. She was teasing all the others in the community tank and his "wife" was taking a break from spawning, so we put her in the orange community tank. Course, soon as her fins hit the water, she started chasing a big gold marlboro male (?). Maybe she just needed a new mate...lol.

susankay1
06-30-2004, 10:35 PM
They were just starting to spawn, looks like it might be a good one. Keeping my fingers crossed.

SantaFeDiscus
06-30-2004, 11:26 PM
Susan-
Good luck and very nice fish! Keep us posted.
Fred

SLY
07-01-2004, 04:01 AM
You will get many pigeon and pigeon snakes. If I were you I would find a nice snake male to go with the female since the striation is not too bad.

susankay1
07-01-2004, 12:04 PM
Thanks Sly. Pigeon Snakes would be good. I have a wonderful Snakeskin male to put with her, as soon as he gets the batch of eggs he's watching with another young lady hatched and free swimming. I have learned from past experience that he gets very upset if I take him out before the kids are free swimming. I tried that once before and he fought with the new gal till I had to seperate them and put him back with his regular mate.