PDA

View Full Version : Cloud Leopard's first spawn

07-03-2004, 11:04 PM
This is the first (successful)spawn from this pair. This type of fish post a many new challenges to raise them. Fry will not attach to both white parents. I wasn't prepare with a back up plan the last time. I'll raise them artifically if they fail again. I have everything ready for them. This is a male guarding a batch of 50 from one side. and the female is guarding another batch of 100 on the opposite side. Eventhough both parents are spotted. The fry may not have any spots. Like the spotted Leopard. Most of the F1 do not have spots like the parents. I've been told the way to do it, but I have to proof it myself before revealing the secret.
Jimmy.

07-03-2004, 11:08 PM
A Female guarding another batch.

heavyp83
07-03-2004, 11:47 PM
Excellent fish

KD
07-04-2004, 10:20 AM
Very Nice!!
Keep us posted on how the babies turn out.
Karen

Carol_Roberts
07-04-2004, 12:46 PM
Full body spotting and red eye - very nice :thumbsup:

trucdan
07-06-2004, 04:05 AM
Beautiful fish Jimmy. Are they the fish you recently bought from oversea? Please keep posting the photos of the fries when they'r growing. It's really interesting to see how the fries turn out. Meanwhile, what is your predictation about the phenotypes of the fries? Would there be some fries with bars?

Congratulations again.

TrucDan

07-06-2004, 10:01 AM
This was the pair I held a gun on the breeder's head... so to speak... and stole it from him. I was told the F1 will only have a few spots and the F2 will not have any spots if I manage to be able to breed them. Then I strapped a bomb on his kid's waist. His wife bagged for mercy and told me the secret. I have to varify it before revealing to whoever interested. The method also apply to your eariler question to me as why Star eruptions or any spotted leopardskin do not breed true. It needs another link to create spots on them. I've got the link already. Next brood will tell. This is a barless fish and does post a challenge to rear the youngs. They are not easy to raise and the percentage of fry having spots is extremely low. That has been factored into the price of the fish. The fish store in Hong Kong have stopped importing them mainly due to the cost and most of the fish they received have no spots when they grow up.
Jimmy.

billydiscus
07-06-2004, 04:05 PM
very nice how old are thay ..................billy

gang_mary
07-11-2004, 12:21 AM
Nice job,Jimmy
:thumbsup:

bikhu
07-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Really nice looking fish Jimmy. Good luck with the spawning.
peter