PDA

View Full Version : German purple discus?

crookedantler
07-07-2004, 11:19 AM
Does anyone have a pic of an adult German Purple Discus? The LFS has some juviniles for sale,but I would like to know what an adult looks like.Thanks all.

brewmaster15
07-07-2004, 11:39 AM
Not sure, but I think thats just a variation of a Blue Diamond or cobalt.

hth,
al

Discus_Hans
07-07-2004, 02:00 PM
Hi maybe you can find were you are loking for overhere:

http://www.discus-hans-usa.com

Hans.

brewmaster15
07-07-2004, 02:24 PM
Hans,
maybe you can post a pic of a german Purple from your site here?

-al

brewmaster15
07-07-2004, 02:31 PM
This site..
http://www.vaquariumthailand.com/product/discus.asp?group=discus

has a pic of a fish they sell under that name.

-al

Discus_Hans
07-07-2004, 02:54 PM
Al,
I could post a picture but most of the time people mean something differend as what the name would think.
I think people can maybe better go directly to Stendkers page maybe they can find there what they are loking for:

http://www.diskuszucht-stendker.de/

click on the left side and you get groups of Discus, maybe there you find what some call "purple Germans" :) :)

Hans.

brewmaster15
07-07-2004, 03:10 PM
Lol Hans,
another words, there isn't a strain on your site specifically called a "purple german" and anyone following the above link is going to see your normal, albeit very nice cobalts and BD's? ::)

We really should talk again about sponsorship Hans,
drop me an email sometime.

-al

Discus_Hans
07-07-2004, 06:06 PM
Al, I asked you a few times for a banner, but you had no space for mine and the list for people who want a banner was sooooooooo long, you told me to forget it for a while.

Just tell me when you have space for a Discus Hans USA/Stendker banner,

Hans.

brewmaster15
07-07-2004, 07:00 PM
Hans,
The waiting list is very long for banners, I don't even one yet for wilddiscus.com ! :) But sponsorship and banners are not the same thing.

Banners are an advertisement , sponsorships let you sell your fish on this site in the designated commercial area in exchange for your support of this site....we can talk if you are interested.

-al

Valik
07-07-2004, 07:01 PM
Looks like a regular BD to me. People and their fancy names:)
Matt

DonnaMite
07-07-2004, 07:23 PM
I bought a small fish about a year ago in the Chicago area that was called a German Purple -- definitely not the same as a Blue Diamond at all. Very interesting coloring -- face often turned pinkish, fins deep blue, and body was definitely purple.
Unfortunately, it is now in fishy-heaven, without ever reaching adulthood.

Crookedantler, where are you from?

Donna

crookedantler
07-07-2004, 08:07 PM
I am from Bedford,PA. The pet shop that has them is in Monroeville,near Pittsburgh,I went ahead and bought one of the juviniles this morning.It is eating like a pig!I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Valik
07-07-2004, 08:42 PM
Sounds like a interesting fish, I don't think I have ever seen a discus with a purple body before. I was commenting on the site link up there, looks like a BD to me but maybe just because it is a dark pic.
Matt

April
07-08-2004, 02:55 AM
perhaps the purple colour comes from adding asaxathin or red colour enhancer to a blue fish?? ive also heard the term blueberry..etc..to describe fish at some lfs's. they also had a purplish hue to them didnt they?? i believe the blueberry discus was discussed before?
Hi Hans. ;D

hooha
07-08-2004, 08:05 AM
ah cool, Elmer's aquarium. I was looking at those a month ago. Definitely doesn't look like a blue diamond juvie (these were quite a bit darker). If you can, post a picture as they get older, I'm interested as well in what they look like as adults.

Discus_Hans
07-08-2004, 08:35 AM
Hi April :D :-*

I think April is right, Donna before your "purple Discus" went to the great Discus tank in heaven, did it still had the purple color????

Hans

DonnaMite
07-08-2004, 08:08 PM
Hi April :D :-*

I think April is right, Donna before your "purple Discus" went to the great Discus tank in heaven, did it still had the purple color????

Hans

Hi Hans :)
When I bought the fish, he was totally purple-blue. In the few months that I had him, his face took on a pinkish color, and his fins seemed to get more of a "midnite" blue I guess.
I must have a picture of him here somewhere........I'll see if I can scrounge it up.
BTW -- I do feed colorbits once a day, if that makes a difference.

Donna ;D

DonnaMite
07-08-2004, 08:50 PM
Ohhhhhhhh man......I couldn't find the picture, but I did find the link where I had originally posted it.
It was my first picture posted at all & I dare ya to find some worse ones.
Not to mention the poor fish had a terrible shape --

But -- I was new to discus & thought he was beautiful :)
And he was, with his colors.
Anyway, here's the link -- sorry about the forum-jumping!
http://daah.info/forum/index.php?board=14;action=display;threadid=4256

Sorry about the pictures again! 'Least I can laugh about them now ;D

Donna

07-08-2004, 09:26 PM
Hi Folks!!

I have two that I hear folks call "Red Turquoise," "Blueberry," and even "Wild Cobalt" (the name "Wild Cobalt" was issued to me from a local fish shop).

I have pictures of them somewhere in the forum. I recently removed them from the Wild topic since it was explained to me from David that the "Wild Cobalts" do not exists.

I do see that they have jewel tones of the purple, pink and light cobalt blue.

In short, they're just sweet looking feeeesh. hth

*Angie*