PDA

View Full Version : A few more...

bikhu
07-09-2004, 10:10 AM
Here are a few more pics of some of my fish.. Please remember I am new at this whole photo thing . Your critiques and suggestions will be appreciated
Thanks
This first one came from Brew...

bikhu
07-09-2004, 10:11 AM
OOps.. the pic would help!

bikhu
07-09-2004, 10:13 AM
This is a Wild GreenxBlue Diamond from Cary

bikhu
07-09-2004, 10:15 AM
THis Red Snakeskin came from Oscar.. the picture doesn't do the color any justice at all... How do I get more I have a hard time capturing color in this tank for some reason....

bikhu
07-09-2004, 10:27 AM
This fish is the hardiest of all. His shape isn't great but no problem with parasites, pH, eating .... No problems at all!

xen
07-09-2004, 12:02 PM
Heya Bikhu,

Thanks for the pics. I'm guessing you at least have a decent camera, since the pics came out pretty well, I reckon.

If I could make a suggestion (and a somewhat contentious one, at that): I would try losing the flash, and sticking some regular aquarium light over the tank. Flashes are really good at washing out the colours from your fish. Ideally you want nice, even lighting, and not from your camera.

Stick a few regular reflectors over your tanks, kill the flash, and see how your pics look. You'll also lose the reflection off the glass ;)

BTW I like your hardyfish. Does he swim, or at least float, gracefully? :-)

Cheers!
John

Cheers!

John

bikhu
07-09-2004, 12:09 PM
Thanks John.. I will give that a try.
As for the Hardy fish... He just sits around adorning my fish room... Is there anything more graceful than stillness? :)

Jason
07-09-2004, 05:37 PM
Nice Fish Peter! like the turq!
you need to come up to canada and show me how to take pictures!

Carol_Roberts
07-09-2004, 06:40 PM
Hi Peter:
Your fish look very nice - big, healthy and well cared for. Your tanks are spotless too ;D

bikhu
07-09-2004, 07:19 PM
Jason and Carol - Thank you so much..I really look up to you guys for your knowledge and expertise. Any input I get from you is important to me and a compliment... Priceless!
As far as spotless tanks.. Carol you are the goddess of spotless so having you say that is really a gift. Thanks again!

korbi_doc
07-09-2004, 10:26 PM
:o :o :o Sooooo nice Peter!!!! Fish are super pretty, & you are doing great with your new toy, keep it up! Love the WGxBD, & the red snake reminds me of my big male that drove me crazy for awhile trying to breed every thing in sight!! Oh, & I agree with John, when I did get fish pics, I used tank lights from above, no flash, & colors seemed more true, but I'm no photographer, so, anyway, you're doing much better than I, I'm still trying to get my pics together for my bio, & I can't get my scanner to work with my new pc, lol, that's how it goes, gotta get someone to send'm to me in an email so I can put'm in the thread, lol, Dottie ;D ;D

OEG
07-14-2004, 12:16 AM
Peter,
they all look great that SS will impress you even more later, keep your eye on him and see how beautiful it gets all those little bars will connect and a deep red will develope in time.
Oscar