PDA

View Full Version : discus seperating himself

SmellsFishy0
07-20-2004, 09:24 PM
hey all.........heres my deal........i have a 75g with 5 discus all under 2.5 inch.......originaly i bought 4 a couple months ago and then a month or so later i got a 5th one (wich was a few weeks ago ) ......he was fine until a few days ago..... hangin around the potho leaves and hiding under the driftwood by himself away from the others .....this is barebottom but i do have a piece of driftwood and a pothos vine added in the tank.........noticed his poop is white and hes lookin a lil thin ......fins also look a lil rough....but not gettin picked on........i set up a 10g hospital tank i added salt n melafix any other things i should try first or give that a try fisrt????????? ???

crimson cross
07-20-2004, 11:18 PM
Try high heat(90F) and metro. Dosage as per instructions on the package.hth.

krandrus
07-20-2004, 11:40 PM
Not to worry you too much, but that is how my fish started showing Hex. I am still working through it, but things are picking up. Read the Hex discussion on the disease links post. It helped me (along with advice from Carol) alot.

Best of luck.

SmellsFishy0
07-21-2004, 06:52 PM
hey all.............another thing i noticed was at the base of its pectoral fin its real red, looks sore........he uses it for swimming n all.....havent really noticed it on the other side-----AndyM

alex_m
07-22-2004, 03:30 AM
Hi,

IMO if you decide to treat one fish for hexamita, you should isolate it in a seperate hospital tank. No need to stress all the others.

JMO

alex

SmellsFishy0
07-22-2004, 03:29 PM
yup thats already been done......right now im just treatin with heat , salt n melafix.......what brand name meds would u all recommend using for hex?...thanks in advanced-----AndyM