PDA

View Full Version : 55gal stand in New England'ish' area

Lauren
07-22-2004, 01:00 PM
I got a 55gal setup for my birthday with no stand, the idea came up to build one but I have seen used stands(for 55s at least, because they're so common?) for cheaper than it would cost to build one. Nothing fancy needed, only has to meet 3 criterea ~ sturdy enough to hold a filled 55gal (and filled bottom tanks if the stand has that option) ~Doesnt 'sway' with the wind (I had a stand that did that and it scares the beejeezus out of me) ~ really inexpensive. Any material works, any style. I can pickup if its in New England but how far I drive depends on how much the stand is ~ add up tremendous gas prices quick enough and I could probably buy a new one lol. I'm in Southern ME and I'm in Eastern MA so anywhere around or in between those would be awesome.

Thanks all!
Lauren

FloridaFishGuy
07-22-2004, 01:14 PM
If it dosnt have to look pretty you could just build a stand out of 2x4's. I have the frame for my stand built right now and it cost me $35. Im adding plywood, stain, and a canopy and it will cost me alot more than $35.

Lauren
07-22-2004, 01:45 PM
We were actually thinking of doing that, but lack of time has pushed me to trying to find a used one first :( If worst comes to worst I'll probably end up trying to build one on my own.

FloridaFishGuy
07-22-2004, 01:48 PM
If you get all the supplies and have 3-4 hours you can get it accomplished really quick. I made it 49''X13x28". I used the plans from garf.org. Once I get the USB cable for my camera I will post pictures of the frame.