PDA

View Full Version : looking for pics

daveycrockett
07-27-2004, 01:48 AM
Just want to know were I can find pics of discus in the amazon. I would like some underwater pics. I suppose the water is too dark though. Anyway if someone has some resouces I would appreciate them.

Rick_May
08-06-2004, 08:07 PM
The only person I know that has good quality underwater photos is Oliver Lacunas (belowwater.com), at this year's ACA in Denver he showed a under water video of Discus with fry. Contrary to everything I have seen in print, these fish weren’t using drift wood, but a submerged bush five or six feet across. Their was several pairs with fry all within the same bush all about 6 feet down. Another interesting thing, was that the discus were sticking the wigglers onto the underside of leafs. Also the temp of the water was 93F. It was really an amazing video, and it sure shot the heck out of a lot of information I got in books.

daveycrockett
08-07-2004, 12:42 AM
I wish I could have seen the video. Maybe he will make it available online?
I went to the web site but thier wasn't very many pics of discus.

Mike_T
08-09-2004, 09:52 AM
there are discus habitats in which the water is relatively clear and the bottom is sand bed. i really wonder why there aren't more pictures. i suppose it's not too convenient for most travelers who make the trek for wild discus to spend their time taking underwater pics. i know i'd be collecting 8)

-mike

daninthesand
09-03-2004, 02:08 PM
I had intended to take underwater pix in Peru on the Nanay river, however the water is very cloudy with suspended particles which made underwater photography impossible....oh I tried, believe me, but the underwater pix I took were useless.

Daniel

Tad
09-03-2004, 06:46 PM
HTH,

Tad
http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=22;action=display;threadid=20430;s tart=msg208028#msg208028

wildthing
09-04-2004, 03:40 PM
I had intended to take underwater pix in Peru on the Nanay river, however the water is very cloudy with suspended particles which made underwater photography impossible....oh I tried, believe me, but the underwater pix I took were useless.

Daniel

I burned about 10 rolls underwater in Tefe, Xingu and Negro....mostly all I got was a brown nothing....water clarity is a huge problem.....pictures from my tanks ( when set up biotopicly) looked a lot better

Veela
09-06-2004, 09:08 AM
Not directly from the Amazon. They came from the Amazon exhabit in Japan.

Veela
09-06-2004, 09:10 AM
Browns.