PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Laws & Special info

DavidH
07-28-2004, 03:38 PM
Hi, I have some specific questions, any help would be appreciated.

Are there any special laws I should know about shipping Discus in the USA? I have contacted Airborne Express, they have told me that I have to research the Laws myself. Anything special I should know about Airborne Express? I.E. Scheduling Pickup times in order for the fish to spend the least amount of time in the bags, etc... This is my first shipment with Discus, Thanks Dave

AndyL
07-28-2004, 04:23 PM
Though I can't help with US laws, I'd like some info on some of them, I'd really like to know what is required to ship fish to the USA - I spent a good 3 hours going over www.customs.gov and didn't find anything useful, other than they might be subject to tarrifs and limits.

The specific requirements for importing fish to canada can be found @ http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pub/cm/d19-1-1/d19-1-1-e.pdf (Page 133 I believe it was) Words of note, that I found in another document, "These are not INTENDED for breeding purposes" - if you say that they are intended to be breeders, they need to be inspected by CFIA (the inspection agency who inspects fishing trawlers cargo etc).

Andy