PDA

View Full Version : FEEDINGS PER DAY....

Barb Newell
08-02-2004, 02:08 PM
Hi, how many times a day does everyone feed their fish and what do you feed? From the amount of water I change daily, I'm beginning to think that I overfeed ???.

How many times say from age 6 weeks up to adult.

I usually feed one meal of either beefheart or bloodworms, then the other feedings are flakes, tetrabits, etc...

I feed 6 week old fry 6 - 7x daily.

4 - 5 month old fish - 4 - 5x daily.

Full grown year old adult - 3x daily.

Thanks,

Barb :)

Dkarc@Aol.com
08-02-2004, 03:22 PM
I feed about the same as you Barb, only I use BH most of the day and I feed colorbits once a day and bloodworms every few days as a treat and CBW once a day when I have them. I also do 3-4 w/c's daily of around 40% each time for any juvenille fish. This keeps the water chemistry stable. I usually do a 40% w/c on my fry tanks after each feeding ( which is about 6+ times a day in a 30 gallon tank). I do a 50% w/c on my adults once a day and feed them only twice a day. Same goes for the breeder's.

-Ryan

oodi
08-02-2004, 03:25 PM
Barb,

I feed with the same frequency.... bits, flake and CBW.

Judi
:)

Barb Newell
08-02-2004, 04:43 PM
Thanks Ryan and Judi!

I change almost as much water as you do Ryan!

scotz
08-03-2004, 09:01 AM
Guys - I only feed 2x a day. Thats for all my fish - from babies all the way up to adults. In the morning everybody gets tetrabits and CBW. When I come home from work I they get BW then a 40 -50% water change. Since I am gone all day I have no one to feed for me. I have tried automatic feeders but they all seem to fail sometime. I might not get the fast growth like you guys do but all my fish are growing and breeding.

scotz

Harriett
08-05-2004, 01:54 PM
4-5 x day for small juveniles (big babies),
3-4 x for larger juveniles up to a year
2 x day for established adults
In the planted tank, no beefheart ever; Hikari frozen BW, tetra color bits, and then various frozen treats regularly. CBWs 1-2 x day when I have juveniles in the bb tanks. (Then the adults get them also).
Seems to work pretty well for me.
Harriett

Barb Newell
08-06-2004, 12:59 AM
Thanks Scotz and Harriett.

08-07-2004, 10:13 PM
Hi, Barb:

I feed my tank (no matter the age) about four times to five times a day!!

I start off with their veggies first (since they tend to be very hungry in the a.m.). They get a few sprinkles of the Bio-Blend Herbivore by MarineLand. Then in about two hours afterwards I give them a taste of freeze dried shrimps/krills. Then in about three or five hours later they get the frozen delights (either frozen shrimps, beefheart (that they're not crazy about) or frozen bloodworms). Then two hours later they get a few flakes of some ON Super Flakes (crushed squid, shrimps, etc.) and I may before retiring for bed add a few more ON Super Flakes for snackie. That's the agenda. :D

Sorry to reply late. I missed this topic till now. lol

*Angie*

Barb Newell
08-08-2004, 01:43 PM
Hi Angie, your fish are well fed!! Thanks for the reply.