PDA

View Full Version : Fishless and Tankless in Massachusetts

henryD
08-09-2004, 10:27 AM
Well it has been a very long week. I finally sold all my stock. No more fishes :(. Also sold all of my tanks. So no more tanks either. :(.

Even the 100 gallon I was keeping as my only tank "became" the new home of a very large arrowana.

What a ride these past 2 years have been. I guess now I have to live vicariously through all the pictures everyone post. So please keep those pictures and post coming.

Henry
at least not homeless in massachusetts.

Tad
08-09-2004, 10:36 AM
Henry,
Hobby vs Family....I respect your choice and know you will return full force in the future :thumbsup:. Time to pay you back ;D, as I have lived vicarously through you many times,

with the highest regards,
Tad

ping
08-09-2004, 10:38 AM
Hi Henry,

Can i join the group ? ;D.
I am nearly fishless. I still have my tanks but mostly empty.

Hope to see you back .... coz i like seing your discus pictures :thumbsup: :)

Regards,
Ronny

Tad
08-09-2004, 10:40 AM
Ronny,
finish that thesis and get a job ;D

Dad :P

ping
08-09-2004, 10:42 AM
::) ::) ::) Oh no .... not u again ;D.
Thanks for the reminder ;D ;)

Regards,
Ronny

oodi
08-09-2004, 10:48 AM
Henry,

We'll try our best to give you your discus fix. But please, please, please don't become a stranger around here!!!

Judi
:)

DarkDiscus
08-09-2004, 10:52 AM
Henry,

You better stay in touch.

We know where you live!

Well I don't but Al does!

;D

John

April
08-09-2004, 11:05 AM
geez Henry...but thats ok..Henry is only getting a house that would suit a fishroom..he'll have to have at least a goldfish or a betta bowl sooner or later..im sure. how about a trout in a tank?
yeah..theres a few fishless discus hobbyists around here...so just keep coming back .

Lauren
08-09-2004, 12:54 PM
Henry,
once everything is setup here you're more than welcome to come visit. Course, give me time to get some fish so you wont be looking at empty tanks! ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think I agree with April, you'll be up to your knees again in discus soon enough I imagine.

Take care,
Lauren

korbi_doc
08-09-2004, 01:34 PM
:o :o WOW! Henry! Sad to not have'm :'(, but another necessary life choice that many of us have to make. I hope all is well with your new litttle girl & Nhi & I'm sure that one day you & she will be deep in discus water again!! Just remember to teach her to do w/cs early!
Right now, my choices are getting me in pretty deep. Friends are asking: "what will I do with the fish?" if my property sells faster than expected & I'm left homeless?? My answer is never mind the fish, what'll I do with 5 horses?? I expect Korbi & I can find a temporary place to stay, but the rest will be a nightmare!! I can't seem to find a property in Tenn. near my friend, she stays here to help me, & her husband is going to be living in Tenn. without her for awhile, looking for a pc for me, lol, the next 6-12 mos. will be a test for sure, but I guess we'll both make it Henry, anyway, I wish you the best, Dottie ;D ;D

jeep
08-09-2004, 04:23 PM
You'll be back Henry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

CARY_GLdiscus
08-09-2004, 04:26 PM
Henry Get Well Soon! Hee.Heee.
Hee.... ;)

Glenn
08-09-2004, 08:10 PM
Henry you will be back sooner than you think. Remember you cant hide i have your Yahoo addy.

fcdiscus
08-09-2004, 08:29 PM
I am with Jeep= Brian! You'll be back! Discus are in your blood! Frank

GulfCoastDiscus
08-10-2004, 12:15 AM
Hi Henry,
I'll keep you posted on the Leopards I got from you. Out of the 3 I have 1 pair and the other is a female paired up with a redspotted SS. I have small batch of frys from the Leopard pair and eggs on the other pair. I'll post pics soon.
Thank you Henry. Let me know when you want some of the frys.

Dan

henryD
08-10-2004, 07:43 AM
Thanks everyone. I am sure I will continue to visit the boards and drool all day long.

In the meantime, I guess I just have to plan visit to discus nuts house and stare. So be prepare for some unexpected guest.

Henry

brewmaster15
08-10-2004, 09:34 AM
As the Happy recipient of Henry's remaining stock, I can only express my Joy that he got out. :)... Just Kidding ... ;D ;D ;D

It was a bitter sweet day this past week when I picked up Henry's fish. I met Henry when he first got back in to the hobby and we became good friends. I watched him build his collection at light speed and with an eye for quality. Hes been a great part of this board and I'd definetly miss seeing him around....so you better visit often My friend.

Both our families have become friends as well, and I forsee many visits from Henry to see the Discus. Henry knows where to go when he gets back in ( yes..I said when... not if :) )

In the meantime Henry... enjoy the family Time with Nhi and that beautiful little baby Emma. ... Discus will be here when you have the time...oh and remember...Floor drains on that new house :)

-al

lkleung007
08-10-2004, 10:03 AM
Hey Henry,

Best Wishes to you and your family!! I have two young kids myself and it is amazing how quickly they grow up...enjoy everyday with them.

Regards, Lester

Rob
08-10-2004, 03:12 PM
Best of luck to ya!

I'm in central Mass south of Worcester, a newbie like me could always use some insight and help from someone. Please don't be a stranger to this board.
If you are ever going to be in my area drop me message if you'd like to swing by, I don't have a lot of discus but I am trying.
:lurk:

henryD
08-10-2004, 05:04 PM
Rob,

Glad to see another mass guy on the board. You have found one of the best resources out there. If I can do anything to help drop me a line.

Henry

Howie_W
08-10-2004, 08:08 PM
Hi Henry,

After having spent over twenty years living in Boston, what a shame we never met!...I could have taken all that good stuff off your hands too! ;)

ATB

Howie

henryD
08-10-2004, 10:16 PM
Howie,

It is not too late. Maybe I could stop by and look at your fish? I love just looking at discus. In fact I go to the framingham store from time to time to see the stuff they have. They have had discus for at least 20 years. Even though they are not the best. I still like to look. Also visit the one in quincy very often to get my fix in. Yes it is like a drug habit.

Henry

PS. I went to school at Middlebury college. I love vermont and go up there at least once a month. I still have very strong ties to that state and some day hope to make it my home state.

korbi_doc
08-11-2004, 12:04 PM
:o :o :o Hey Henry!! Where in Quincy is that store?? I grew up there & consider it my original home & still have lotsa family there!! Get nostalgic every time I drive thru there, & love to see the school & church on Washington st where I spent my childhood, (loooonnng time ago!!) Some of it still looks the same to me!! lol, Dottie 8) 8)

Lauren
08-11-2004, 04:03 PM
Yeah, also interested in the stores too, you mentioned the framingham one at your house, can you remember the name yet?

Thanks
Lauren

henryD
08-11-2004, 04:37 PM
Hi dottie,

How is the house hunting going? We finally just found a place ourself and have to wait til march or april til it is finish being built. Crazyness for sure.

Now for these fish stores. The one in framingham is called tropical Isle. They have one of the largest fish section I have ever seen. Fresh and salt. Pretty much carry everything. I know they have had discus for at least 15 years because I bought some from them 15 years ago. Owner there is a chem professor at Harvard or MIT. Good guy to talk to about water etc etc.

The store in quincy just changed owners several years back. They also carry some pretty unique stuff. It is called Lovely pets. In the middle of quincy center. The original owner use to bring in all unique and new stuff. Not sure about the new owners.

Uncle Ned's is also a good store for some unusual stuff and I think they get their stuff for local breeders. In fact one of the guys on the board supplies them. You have to ask them to special order stuff for you. Nothing on hand that you can see. Pretty knowledgable guys that have been around for awhile.

Henry

korbi_doc
08-11-2004, 05:18 PM
::) ::) ::) Henry that's great! I'm so happy that you have found your new home... I wish you the best!! Next spring will be here soon enough; I hope I'll have found something by then too!!
The "middle of Quincy center" brings back many memories, a very familiar place for me, lol, Dottie ;D ;D

Howie_W
08-11-2004, 06:18 PM
Howie,

It is not too late. Maybe I could stop by and look at your fish? I love just looking at discus. In fact I go to the framingham store from time to time to see the stuff they have. They have had discus for at least 20 years. Even though they are not the best. I still like to look. Also visit the one in quincy very often to get my fix in. Yes it is like a drug habit.

Henry

PS. I went to school at Middlebury college. I love vermont and go up there at least once a month. I still have very strong ties to that state and some day hope to make it my home state.

Henry,

You’re welcome to visit anytime. I have family just outside of Middlebury and visit there regularly. Maybe you could help me figure out how to set-up a central filtration system. In the short time since we moved up here my Discus population has already grown.

Funny you mentioned Tropic Isle…my first Discus came from there. There’s also a nice little shop in Brookline that occasionally had some very nice Wilds.

ATB

Howie