PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Fry BBS?

DavidH
08-09-2004, 08:22 PM
At how many weeks old do most of you stop feeding fry BBS?

Thx Dave

Tad
08-09-2004, 08:25 PM
For me about 3 to 4 weeks, or as soon as they can easily eat ON1 (frozen cubes), and chopped up CBWs :),

Tad

08-12-2004, 02:03 PM
Hi guy's,

Tad define "chopped up CBWs "

How big , small and how to do. in easy terms for me lol.

Ronald

Tad
08-12-2004, 02:33 PM
Ronald,
For 3 week old fry: I have used a hard cutting surface to chop up CBWs with a razor blade. ;D.... I chop only for the first couple of weeks until they can nip and cut the worms them self. If you want to see fantastic growth in fry and juveniles, "Pound them with CBWs" ;)

good day Ronald ;D,
Tad

Carol_Roberts
08-12-2004, 06:41 PM
Mine at 3 weeks can bite pieces off cbw. I would put a live ball in the tank before work and then again at lunch time for them to eat on throughout the day.

Barb Newell
08-12-2004, 07:24 PM
Hi David, at 3 weeks they're almost off. I feed crushed flake, whole tetrabits, shaved bloodworms, frozen brine, finely ground beefheart and ON gel cubes.

These little guys will be 3 wks tomorrow, they got their last baby brine shrimp today.

Barb

jared
08-13-2004, 03:25 AM
It depends on how hard you hit them with bbs and how easily they took to them. I am only on my second spawn but I can tell there was a difference between the two. I sold the first batch at 4 weeks and was still trying to ween. Of course I was still getting my shrimpery skills down pact. My second spawn is 3.5 weeks old right now and almost all the way off. Chopped up frozen bloodworms and frozen adult brine, and even whole CBW. But I was able to hit these guys more consistently with BBS in weeks two and three.JMO
Jared