PDA

View Full Version : How do you get them to eat Dry Food !!

Cosmo
08-10-2004, 01:59 PM
I've tried to introduce various dried foods into my Discus' diet, but they just won't have anything to do with it. Even when I brought home a new fish that I KNEW was eating color bits - once they get into my tank they turn up their noses to it (figuratively speaking of course).

I've tried ColorBits, Hikari sinking pellets, Hikari Color pellets, and most recently NLS Discus Formula. Others here have reported great success with the NLS so my hopes were up, but my fish simply sit there (figuratively again) and watch it sink to the bottom as though they wonder what the hell I'm thinking putting this into their tank??

I've tried mixing it with their frozen, feeding it alone in their normal feeding schedule, and even skipping a feeding then putting into the tank hoping they'd be hungry enough to at least try it! NOPE :(

Any sugguestions would be appreciated

Thanks,
Jim

oodi
08-10-2004, 02:06 PM
Hi Jim,

I've experienced that, too... a group of fish will eat bits fine, then move them to another tank, and they decide they don't like them anymore. ::)

I feed bits first thing in the morning... I find they will eat it better then, as they haven't had anything for several hours. You also might want to try excluding other foods for a day or so... they will learn to like the bits.

Judi
:)