PDA

View Full Version : hurricane affects simply members

yogi
08-14-2004, 12:49 PM
I've just spoken to Roger from Deltona, Fl. via his cell phone. He was hit pretty bad from the hurricane. He told me he has already spoken to bryalk1 who lives N.E. of Orlando. He was also hit pretty bad, I have not been able to reach Bryant (bryalk1). Neither one of them has any injuries to them or their families. Their areas have no power a lot of down trees no working gas stations and some property damage.

They both made out better than my wifes friend who lives in Punta Gorda. She lost half her roof, her hurricane shutters were blown off her house and her sliding glass doors were blown into her house. She also has about a foot of water in her house. She waited out the storm locked in her bathroom with her dogs. As bad as it sounds she made out better than some of the people in her area.

oodi
08-14-2004, 01:00 PM
Jerry,

Thanks for letting us know. Please pass on our thoughts and prayers when you talk to them.

Judi
:)

Dkarc@Aol.com
08-14-2004, 01:30 PM
I was one of the lucky ones Jerry. The eye of the storm passed about 20 miles to the East of us. We got a lot of rain and very strong winds, but thankfully no property damage and we had power the entire time. Did you feel any of the effects there in Hollywood Jerry??

-Ryan

yogi
08-14-2004, 01:47 PM
Southeast Florida where I live was not affected by the storm. This includes Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. Unless you include hotter and muggier than normal. I did tell Roger you, Kelseygirl and Ryan Smith are all fine.

Ryan
08-14-2004, 02:41 PM
Hi Jerry,

Glad to hear you are okay. I hope they get things cleaned up fairly quickly for Roger and Bryant. I went home today to find that a pine tree had landed on my house and taken out my power. They're saying it might be up to 3 days before I have power again, so until then I guess I'm camping out at mom and dad's. Other than some downed trees and power lines, things in my general area look okay.

I talked my uncle in New Smyrna Beach and he said things are bad at his house. I also saw some pretty nasty sights on A1A in and around Daytona Beach, but nothing like we've seen reported from the west coast.

Ryan

chavez720
08-14-2004, 03:50 PM
Well that was the worst vacation I have ever had!

I was nearly at ground Zero in Port Charlotte, Florida. I was fishing in Charlotte Harbor and Punta Gorda on Thursday. My parents house had broken windows, downed trees, and fences. The entire neighborhood looks like a bomb hit it!!! The entire area is devasted, Punta Gorda is just demolished. Everything west of 41 is gone. A few people have died up the road from the house. Most of my family lives in Port Charlotte, luckily everyone is OK now.

Heading back to North Carolina was the smartest thing I ever did, not! The storm followed us up here and I am battening down the hatches. Looks like my home will be no where near the storm, what a relief.