PDA

View Full Version : Red Melons

Shay
08-18-2004, 01:00 PM
I emailed Cary Strong yesterday and haven't gotten a response. Hasn't even been 24 hours yet, but past experience with my web server leads me to believe that my message has likely been blocked by his server's filter, so I'm posting here.

Want to let y'all know exactly where I'm at right now. Just plugged in heaters last night. Still experimenting with remineralization (using RO). I have a leaky Eheim pro (Hate those) sitting submerged in the tank for circulation. In short, it will be maybe four weeks before I'm ready. On the other hand, I don't want to wait 'till everything is perfect before looking only to hear, "should have been here last week, guy." I could conceivably buy now if not doing so meant missing out.

The availability of fish is important in regards to how I design my tank. Started setting up for Altums (store killed 'em before I could pick 'em up), but my setup for the Melons (if available) will be completely different.

So, are these easy to get right now? First preference is to get them from GLD because of the many melon pictures I have seen from there. Willing to look other places if GLD is going to be out for more than six months. Looking for the peachy white faces, not the yellow faces. Want five, max seven, fish for a 125.

Thank you all,
-Shay

SSTurner
08-18-2004, 01:08 PM
Give Cary some time he is alittle slow ;D but great with fish Steve

Rick00
08-18-2004, 02:53 PM
He answers his phone quicker then his emails ;D ;D

call him.....586-322-3891

He's got some nice melons... ;D ;D

Rick

Shay
08-18-2004, 04:34 PM
Looks like one day is nothing to worry about. I'll give him a call if I haven't heard anything by Friday. Just putting the feelers out, you know.

Thanks,
-Shay

dalex2u
08-19-2004, 01:27 AM
I just got a Red Melon pair from him today...They are beautiful...they are still settling in right now...but give him a call, he has nice fish...this is my first order from him...and I was very impressed...and would love to order from him again.

Shay
08-19-2004, 10:32 AM
I just got a Red Melon pair from him today...

pics?

-Shay

Shay
08-20-2004, 11:05 AM
Adding to this thread for posterity that Cary did contact me. Thanks, Cary.

This might be interesting to some: he had varieties listed on his stock sheet which are not pictured on his (Great Lakes Discus) website, so probably worth contacting him whatever it is you're looking for.

-Shay