PDA

View Full Version : HOW TO DOWNLOAD ???

FUNNYBONE
08-19-2004, 05:33 AM
I am a new member and I like this website very much ! :thumbsup:
I love all of your discus too !!! ;D ;D ;D
Now I want to download the best topics which I like most in this website (FOOD & NUTRITION for example...) so that I can read them with my computer (not connected to Internet)
Anyone can tell me the fastest way to complete this work ? ;)
Please help me ::)
Thank you !!! :)

the_oracle
08-19-2004, 09:51 AM
You can just save under your file and you can rename it too.
Hope it works..........

fish_maniac
08-19-2004, 11:49 AM
Hi Funnybone,
That is exactly what I wanted to do also and I posted a question in the General discussion area but no reply yet. I am not sure there is a easy way if the forum doesn't provide some tool/ways to do it.
If we have to do it all by ourself, we will have to download each file ourself and put it in a file structure that is similar to the file structure of the forum. I don't know how the forum management the file. We may need a web server (apache) to bring up the pages as well. Seems a lot of work to do everyday. Need to save some time for the WC and the 4 times a day feeding :)
Kam

RyanH
08-19-2004, 02:25 PM
Did you try right-clicking the page you want to save and hitting "save as"? This just worked for me. I save this entire thread as an html file in My Documents. After I saved it, I disconnected my computer from the internet and cleared my cache and cookies. I was still able to view it. It may be different depending on which OS you are using. I'm using Windows XP Pro. Give that a try and see if it works for you.

hth!

FUNNYBONE
08-20-2004, 09:08 PM
Thank you ;)
May be I have to do a lot of work every day :)