PDA

View Full Version : GOT WRIGGLERS

Giniel
08-19-2004, 07:41 PM
Hi Everyone,

I finally got wrigglers but not discus: angel fish. I have read a lot on this topic here. Do I treat these wrigglers the same as discus? They hatched today sometime while I was at work. There is a little fungus around some that didn't hatch. Will the wrigglers be ok with the fungus so close to them?
Thanks in advance
Debbie

Barb Newell
08-20-2004, 12:41 AM
Hi Debbie, congratulation! Are they with the parents? I've had angel wigglers come out of fungus just fine.

Barb

Giniel
08-20-2004, 11:11 AM
Hi Barb,
Yes they are with the parents. They have laid eggs every 6 days and they would turn white . I read here and thought my water might be too soft so I addeed some tank hard + water hardener. It worked I had wrigglers the next day!!!! Even though you read and think you are ready , it still makes you exicted and nervous to actually see wrigglers. Will they feed off the parents like discus? I can't seem to find anything as explanitive as this site.
Thanks Debbie

Barb Newell
08-20-2004, 11:39 PM
Hi Debbie, no they don't feed off of the parents like discus. I hatch bbs for my angel fry. Good luck!

Barb

Giniel
08-22-2004, 02:32 PM
Hi Barb,
Thought I would post a few pics. Here is mom and dad. Dad is the gold and white one.

Giniel
08-22-2004, 02:33 PM
Here are the eggs :

Giniel
08-22-2004, 02:34 PM
These are the wrigglers:Around 90% hatched.

Giniel
08-22-2004, 02:34 PM
These were buried in the fungus but are wiggling out of it:

Giniel
08-22-2004, 02:36 PM
Barb how soon should I start to feed them BBS? This is my first try at this so I will have a lot of questions.
Thank you Debbie

limige
08-22-2004, 06:23 PM
my silver angles lay eggs but they're both females >:(

Discusgeo
08-22-2004, 06:27 PM
Start feeding your Angel fry as soon as they go free swimming. They are hungry so make sure you have some newly hatched Brine Shrimp ready.

CARY_GLdiscus
08-22-2004, 09:28 PM
Golden Pearls work Great To!

www.brineshrimpdirect.com

SSTurner
08-22-2004, 10:47 PM
What size Cary ::)

Barb Newell
08-22-2004, 10:59 PM
Hi Debbie, your pair is very nice and great pics!!!

How are they doing?

Barb

Giniel
08-23-2004, 11:36 PM
Hi everyone,
The babies are doing fine and swimming aroud. They are beginning to eat and are growing fast for being so small.
I'll try to get some more pictures tomorrow.
Debbie

Giniel
08-24-2004, 01:04 AM
Here is a few pictures , not very clear the parents keep stirring them up and I don't have the best camera.

Giniel
08-24-2004, 01:05 AM
They won't leave that corner so I can't clean there!! Parents down right mean about too.

Giniel
08-24-2004, 01:09 AM
They swarm in that 1 corner. I guess it's a safe place .It's hard to tell what is dirt and what is babies on the bottom.

Mike_T
08-24-2004, 04:43 PM
it is cool to see the parents protect the fry..they swallow them up and spit them back into the group. with angels i always pull the spawning tube and hatch it out in small tank or container of aerated, heated water from the parent tank. some pairs are just great at hatching their own, and others just can't be trusted. i use formalin(37%hyde) at 1 drop per gal and it really cuts down on fungus, which in turn gives a better hatch rate. just what works for me...

-mike t 8)

Giniel
08-28-2004, 02:26 AM
Hi ,
well 5 days free swimming and i'm losing about 10 a day :( . I moved about half of them to another 10 gallon thinking that maybe parents were killing them or eating them. I'll keep you all updated.
Debbie

Sean Buehrle
08-29-2004, 03:03 AM
debbie
looks good, youll have a bunch of little angels soon.
try and keep them fed and keep all the poop and dead brine cleaned up.

Giniel
08-29-2004, 03:26 AM
Hi,
Well before I went to work I moved the rest of the babies to the other tank. I just got home and only lost 2 not 20 thankfully.
I put the breeding slate back in for the adults and they are trying to lay again so soon.Could it be that they wanted their privacy? Or are they just lazy parents. Either way it is much easier to clean the baby tank with no parents picking on me and trying to shove me to the other side.
Thank you Debbie

Barb Newell
08-29-2004, 08:21 AM
Hi Debbie,
Could it be that they wanted their privacy? Probably :) Any more pics?

Now that your pair has figured this out, they'll probably spawn for you every week. Mine spawn with fry in the tank.

Good luck,

Barb

Giniel
08-30-2004, 04:19 PM
Hi Barb,
Sorry to report I only have 12 of the babies left and I don't think they will make it. :(
Tank is clean and they are fed about every 2 hours until I go to work.Then they go for about 8 to 10 hours and are fed as soon as I walk through the door. Some are growing and some are not. Parents are getting ready to lay eggs again.
What am or did I do wrong? Would like to correct it or fix it if I can before the next batch.Also have another pair of angels trying their fin at breeding.Here is a pic of the other pair:

Giniel
09-01-2004, 12:04 AM
Hi ,
HELP !!!! The 2nd pair laid eggs tonight . They are seperated in a community tank by egg crate so I moved the eggs. Any suggestions as to what I might have done wrong with the last batchfrom hthe other pair? By the way I only have 2 fry left ,can't get a pic cause they hide too much , only come out at feeding time. Here is a pic of the 2nd pair: The black is the male , I hace had him for 2 years now , he is huge compared to his mate.He had a ruf time when he was little and I almost lost him ,he was swimming upside down . He looks a little ragged but healthy otherwise.

Giniel
09-01-2004, 12:10 AM
another pic: if the eggs hatch this time ,what could they look like? She is gold and he is a black veil.

Barb Newell
09-03-2004, 12:23 AM
Hi Giniel, how are the new eggs?

Barb :)

Giniel
09-03-2004, 12:40 AM
Hi Barb,
Well as she was laying some were falling off , so it turned out to be a small spawn.He couldn't get enough of them to stick before she would make another pass. She was in a hurry.hehe
I actually have wrigglers this time also. About 20 maybe not to sure yet . They are falling off as soon as they become wrigglers is this ok? They are in their own 10 gallon tank with the other 2 fry from the other batch.
My camera sucks so I can't get pics of them yet. What would they look like ? some of each type ? He is black veil and she is gold.
Debbie