PDA

View Full Version : Simply the best

Cosmo
08-20-2004, 03:50 PM
Had never heard of DAAH until I read the posts here, but, went over and checked it out. It was pretty empty, but as someone else said ( I think it was Al ) it will take awhile before they build back up. Don't know what it was so can't tell what it will be, but...

The few postings I did read I noticed there was quite a bit of back and forth animosity, with reply's focused as much or more on one up manship (or womanship as the case may be), than it was on responding to the original issue that had been posted.

One of the great things I've noticed on Simply, is, you see very little, if any, of that. What you do see, is done in jest.

Don't need to waste time listening to a few responders prove who is in charge, or who knows more.

Al and all you moderators and members - doing a great job here!

I might visit the other place on occassion, but this is home.

Jim

GulfCoastDiscus
08-20-2004, 04:30 PM
Al and all you moderators and members - doing a great job here!

I might visit the other place on occassion, but this is home.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

jeep
08-20-2004, 04:43 PM
:) Al and Ryan have done a great job here!!!

And it takes all members/moderators, past and present, to make it all work!!!

It's all about the hobby!!!!!

Ryan
08-20-2004, 05:00 PM
There are a lot of different "flavors" on the internet. There's a website that fits everyones' taste somewhere, you just have to find it. We take a lot of criticism here because the site is moderated and because we don't allow mud-slinging, but you never hear the critics asking, "How many discus hobbyists has this site helped?" In my opinion, that's what should be taken into consideration. The other stuff is trivial, the board's original purpose and intent is met here and that's all that should matter at the end of the day.

For those that enjoy DAAH or any of the other hundreds of aquaria/discus forums out there, that is great -- every board needs regulars to make the forum what it is. For those that call Simply home, well, we're glad to have you.

Ryan

April
08-20-2004, 08:57 PM
i agree with Ryan. Simply is here to help discus hobbyists learn to successfully keep discus. and..the part we try to work on most is making people feel like someone is listening..and that they feel welcome and no question is too trivial. we all started the same way.
that said..there is a core group of us who have been here right from the beginning..and we do have some fun and we do get sidetracked sometimes..but as Cosmo said..we try to keep it in jest .
basically thats our mods job..is to direct the posts to the right categorie so they will be answered best.
there are different personalities..and some people fit better in different forums. and perhaps after a long time..they arent there to learn or help with discus keeping as much as to socialize.
i think of Simply as my family and one forum is all i have time for. I was here from the start..being their test dummy for testing out the new forum. ;D
thanks for the nice post Cosmo. it makes our moderating job all worthwhile .

Chad
08-21-2004, 02:16 AM
I agree... they have done a great job and admire them both!!

Chad