PDA

View Full Version : tank setup

ahsan
08-27-2004, 01:39 AM
hello
back again with a new topic ,, i just removed gravel ,, it really was causing all sort of troubles ,, even with daily water changes i was not able to control fin rot ,, apart from that it always gave me a feeling that gravel means more bacteria , coz after all those efforts i got was not able to get a clear water.
The problem is that , i have just setup the tank without gravel and i have lots of opposition that its not decorative ,, coz no gravel means , no plants , and similarly you have to take out some decorations that just look to dumb for a gravel-less tank.
anyway all i need is few pictures , in order to alter my tank in a bit presentable manner , any ideas or pictures would ,, nothing is better if i could get pictures of a bare tank from different people ,, just to have an idea bout what actually rest of the people have done.
ok , one more thing ,, is that safe to keep honey gaurami with discus ???????????
cheers
ahsan

BGTW
08-28-2004, 12:53 AM
The honey gourami will be just fine with the discus. With proper QT though. The other stuff you ask is not very clear.
Bob
India

Valik
08-28-2004, 02:41 AM
I believe if you look in the photo gallery and show tank section you should be able to find lots of pictures of bare bottom tanks that still have some decorations and look good(which is I think what you were asking). Driftwood is probably the most common thing to be added in a BB tank for decoration. Good luck with your setup!
Matt Stratton

ahsan
08-29-2004, 09:32 AM
thanks for the help buddies ,, i have just setup my tank and will send some pictures soon :)

SmellsFishy0
08-29-2004, 03:34 PM
when i set-up my first discus tank i wasnt feelin the barebottom look.....so i searched around and went with sprayin the bottom with stone creations *sand look * added a large piece of driftwood and some fake plants........hey its not realy so bad afterall and its easy to clean and i get plenty of commpliments ;)-----AndyM

BrianNY
08-30-2004, 07:00 PM
Here's some ideas for you ashan :)......

1. Buy a few Amazon swords that come potted.

2. Hang a piece driftwood with Java Fern tied to it from the back of the tank.

It will still be easy to clean the bottom, and that's what you are looking for ;)