PDA

View Full Version : Would you still love your breeder?

BGTW
08-28-2004, 11:02 AM
Would you, if you learned your favourite breeder is sourcing discus from cheap markets and selling it as his/her own?

Would you bother questioning his/her source if you still got good quality discus everytime?

Bob

Jeff
08-28-2004, 11:48 AM
It would and it does not bother me if they source discus, but they should not claim they breed them. With so many different strains out there you find 1-2 guys who are good at breeding X and another 1-3 guys good with Z and so on. I think a good breeder broker is one who can regognize that others can and are producing superior discus as compared to their own stocks and gets them for his customers.

Now if they are buying junk and trying to get you to by this just walk away.

jimmyjoe
08-28-2004, 01:07 PM
Bob, if I knew now what breeders sell there fish for in Asia, I would probably disown them if they pushed it off as their own bred fish. The Asian market is out there with there sale prices it's when the fish comes to the U.S.A. the fish are PHAT I believe thats what the kids are referring to as beautiful now-a-days......... All I wish is some of those asian's find there way into my tanks. I don't know if I answered your question but I'll live with my opinion.................Jim