PDA

View Full Version : Fat discus???

dreamer
08-31-2004, 09:00 AM
hi guys,

one of my discus 'appear' to be fat ... i mean .. FAT!!!

no sympthom of disease or anything .... eating fine, erect fins...everything appear normal..just FAT .... btw this fish been 'overweight' for sometimes ... i noticed this at least 3months ago.

should i be aware of anything...

will try to post pic once i found the cable for my camera :)

thanks

jeep
08-31-2004, 09:02 AM
A picture would be nice... are you talking "fat" or "bloated"?

Discus_KC
08-31-2004, 09:07 AM
Don't give that fish a complex calling it fat!

Better yet, more like weight challenged !!

Is it swimming head up or down at all. Like Brian said, it could be just a nice looking healthy fish or possibly a bloated one.

Pics are a great help but any additional info will help us help you.

KC

Valik
09-01-2004, 04:09 AM
Be kind of wierd for a fish to be bloated for over 3 months wouldn't it?

Matt Stratton

dreamer
09-01-2004, 08:53 AM
i dont think the fish is bloated ... as i tried to put epsom salt in the tank with no result.
the fish is housed in 55g with 10 other discus with 50% wc every other day, they shared this tank for almost 1yr...maybe little too small...but im getting larger tank soon.

the fish seems to be healthy ...no swimming problem or anything .. apart of being picky eater ... only brine shrimp and bloodworm ... maybe a little of colorbits

the pic attached is what the fish appear 'normal' not after feeding...

Carol_Roberts
09-01-2004, 11:46 AM
Just looks healthy to me

RyanH
09-01-2004, 12:46 PM
I have a fish in my adult tank that looks the same way. He's just a pig and always has been. He' nearly eaten himself to death on blackworms twice. I have to be careful how much food I put in the tank at a given time. I also have to spread out the food so the others have a chance at it before he eats it. Some fish just love food. :)

He was a pet store save as many of my fish are. He's not very big. Maybe he's making up for the time when he didn't eat very well. Now his belly is always bulging and he's nearly as thick as he is round. :)

I think your fish just likes to eat too! ;D

JasonBR
09-01-2004, 08:04 PM
Dreamer,

I agree with Carol, just looks healthy to me...Better to be fat than skinny looking.

Jason

BGTW
09-02-2004, 12:31 AM
Dreamer, leave him alone. LOL.
Bob

dreamer
09-02-2004, 02:18 AM
okay guys... i think i will just leave him alone ...

i guess is better being fat and skinny .... although sometime he looks 'swollen' after feeding

thanks

Howie_W
09-02-2004, 09:04 AM
Looks good to me!...thicker is better than thinner.

As long as he's eating,and passing his food properly he's fine!

Howie